Help me rationalize a new seat purchase!

hedgefun

I know plenty of people around here are good at that sort of thing! Sorry this post is looooong!

I currently have a GN, but I would like something that can RF "just in case." I got the GN because either most kids who ride with me are over 3, or their parents have convertibles I can use (for the under 3's). I'm finding that sometimes this isn't the case, and if it's a non-emergency situation I'd rather be able to RF the under 3's. I ended up not taking one of DW's cousins kids shopping the other day because she's 22mos, I have a GN, and they have a GN. (I've tried convincing them, it hasn't worked yet.) I also thought it would be nice to be able to convert the GN to a booster, but that's such a pain. I think I'd rather just keep a booster in my trunk and have a convertible. Oh, and did I mention I just want a shiny, new seat to play with?

I really don't have a budget. Ok, that's totally not true, I don't want to pay for the Foonf. But pretty much any other seat is ok. I'd be selling the GN to partially offset the cost of the new seat.

Here's where it gets fun. So... I'm kind of picky about weird things.
* I don't like Sceneras. Why? IDK, I just don't like them. :duck:
* Evenflo seats are out because I hate the cup holders.
* CA is okay, but the harness twisting bugs me.
* The MyRide is okay, but it seems a bit large width-wise.
* The ones I'm thinking about are: Pria70, Radian, ProRide, or something cowmoo.

Kids using the seat will range from 22mo to 4y. The 4yo is actually the one I'm least worried about fitting... she's under 36" and under 30lbs. The 22mo and 30mo are both over 33lbs. I don't know how tall they are, but I put them in the GN just to compare slots and they'd be on the 2nd slots - same as the small 4yo.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

ADS

SavsMom

Id look at the Gracious Size 4 Me 70. With different kids riding in the seat it would be easy to change the harness height and would work for infants to older kids.

thekatie

I love my Pria, and think its a pretty easy/quick install, but I don't think it's all that much more narrow than the MyRide (I had both for a while before selling the MyRide). The Pria flares at the base, especially on the cupholder side.

kdkm

I would probably go with a Radian. I can't say enough good things about the Radian. Its a great RF seat AND a great FF seat. It so easy to load kids into either way. It does have its quirks but once you get the hang of it, its just as easy as any other seat IMO. The only thing I really don't like is the harness adjustment but you get used to that too and I have heard the Dionos are smoother.

hedgefun

I would probably go with a Radian. I can't say enough good things about the Radian. Its a great RF seat AND a great FF seat. It so easy to load kids into either way. It does have its quirks but once you get the hang of it, its just as easy as any other seat IMO. The only thing I really don't like is the harness adjustment but you get used to that too and I have heard the Dionos are smoother.

Do you have any preference in terms of the R120 vs RXT? Are there any other nice features that are unique to the RXT aside from the head wings?

jacqui276

Do you have any preference in terms of the R120 vs RXT? Are there any other nice features that are unique to the RXT aside from the head wings?

I think that the head wings are the only difference between the R120 and RXT. Some people seem to love the head wings, some people hate them. I personally like them.

I like the harness adjuster for it. I have a Diono one and although it is still the tug-tug motion, it adjusts easily.

Lenae

Personally, I'd get something easier to switch RF and FF. No rethread harness would be a good idea. The RN has the RF boot (easy to lose), you have to manually adjust the harness, and if you get the RXT, you also have to worry about moving the wings. I have an RXT, and I really like it, but I loathe switching it from car to car or RF to FF.

If I were getting a seat for borrowed children, I'd go with something like the Complete Air. I have had zero problems with the harness twisting. I am vigilant though, in keeping them from bunching at the buckles. The harness height adjustment is easy, and can be done while it's installed. Good legroom, tall slots, RF to 40lbs, easy switch from RF to FF.

MyTwoSons

I agree with PP suggestion of the Size4Me. My 21month fits wonderfully rf, and my 4 year old (38-39 lbs and 40ish inches) says it is very comfy ff. It's a no-rethread harness and the harness height can be changed while installed. It rf to 40lbs/40inches, and ff to 65lbs.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC