What would you do - Marathon or Scenera for travel??

steph

My SIL is traveling with my nephew (10 months old) - some of you may remember my other post. Anyways, she won't/isn't buying a seat for him.

She has a Marathon (that was given to her by a very reliable person) and she was going to take that and pay for "special handling" (whatever that is). I'm nervous this seat will get destroyed so I recommeded the Cosco Scenera, plus it is lighter and she is traveling by herself w/o a stroller:eek:.

My MIL is afraid that the cheap carseat isn't as good as the Marathon and that when they get to there destination and are driving around if something happened he wouldn't be as protected......I said he would be fine and I wouldn't want the airlines throwing around my $250 Marathon. Plus they could use the Scenera as a backup seat when she gets back home since they only have 1 carseat.

What do you guys think??

ADS

StarrNanny

I agree. I would spend the 40 bucks and get the scenera. If it gets trashed by the airline no biggie... if the marathon does she's going to be upset.

singingpond

I'd probably go with the Scenera too. Whenever I move our Britax seats, or the Radian, from car to car, I reflect on how glad I am not to be travelling with such a heavy awkward object :) . I know people do it, but still.... I briefly owned a Scenera (didn't install well in the particular situation I needed it for, but I think it is generally considered a fairly easy-to-install seat in many vehicles), and it was SO light and easy to maneuver while carrrying it -- I'd definitely go and buy another one (or two) if travelling by airplane with kids and carseats. This is separate from the concerns about the cargo handlers wrecking one of the more expensive seats; I would worry about that also.

Katrin

sb518

scenera! And the new ones don't come in boxes anymore, they come in these cool bags with handles! Great for the airlines

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC