Question Moving on to the convertible seat... (moved to Carseats from Shopping)

suzaroon

DD is 12 months old, nearly 23lbs, almost 30 inches.

Currently she is a Graco SnugRide 35, which we have enjoyed and she still fits in, but I think it is getting a little snug around her shoulders and anticipate fussing on her part soon..so....

Debating about the next seat. I am particularly interested in the Britax Marathon 70 or maybe the Britax Boulevard 70. I am drawn to those two models because of their ratings/reviews in the Baby Bargains book.

I currently have a Marathon 70 in my house (we can still return it) that I got a good deal on and generally like. I've put my daughter in it and she seems happy enough strapped in sitting on the kitchen floor. :)

I know the Boulevard has "wings" around the head that some people like and others do not. It might be important to note that my daughter is 75-90% percentile for height and weight and something like 95% for her circumference (big brain!), so I am worried that the wings would bother her. I've got a friend who has a Boulevard and I plan to take my daughter for a test drive in it in the next week or so.

I want to get a seat that hopefully we can use for multiple children (2? 3? hopefully spaced about 3 years apart) and of course want to keep her rear-facing and also 5-point harness for as long as possible. I drive a '06 Honda Odyssey, so I don't think fit will be a problem.

So, I would appreciate any recommendations, tips, suggestions anyone has about this process. Thanks!!

ADS

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
I would skip Britax convertibles altogether for a child in the upper percentiles. They're fine for smaller kids, but they have smaller interiors that make them outgrown rear facing before a lot of other convertible seats on the market.

The Maxi Cosi Pria, Safety 1st Complete Air, Graco Size4Me or Diono Radian will all last quite a bit longer RF as well as FF.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC