Talk to me about Britax...

Aurezalia

No, Aure has not suddenly gotten over her Britax dislike. :p I have a friend that has a couple of questions that I don't have the answer to. :eek: ;)

So, first off, we've been talking things over for a few weeks now, weighing the pros and cons of the seats that will fit in her tiny car, and she decided to go with Britax. She went to order the MA70 and was notified that the new G3 models are out. So now she's wondering if she should buy the newer one, but there aren't very many differences, right? I haven't particularly been paying attention to the changes, but all I'm pulling up off the top of my head is that the HUGS are now sewn TO the cover, right? Anything else?

Also, she still has a (non-expired of course) classic that she's using... does anybody know if there are cupholders that will fit the classic MA65?

ADS

cowgirlsmommy

The new g3 seats have the safe cell technology in the hugs and a different chest clip. I know there was something different about the tether too but I don't remember exactly what it was.
There aren't any cupholders for the old style.

Aurezalia

The new g3 seats have the safe cell technology in the hugs and a different chest clip. I know there was something different about the tether too but I don't remember exactly what it was.
There aren't any cupholders for the old style.

Okay, so not any changes with the actual shell then, that's what I thought.

I know Britax didn't make any for the classic. ;) We used to recommend the SK siderider, but they don't make that any more either.... so is there anything else out there *now* that could work?

momtoo3

What about something like this [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Brica-Deluxe-Snack-Pod-Gray/dp/B005SPZG7E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343219038&sr=8-1&keywords=car+seat+cup+holder"]Amazon.com: Brica Deluxe Snack Pod, Gray: Baby[/ame] if she is okay with using aftermarket stuff?

The G3 has the HUGS attached to the harness and has a crotch strap that automatically flips forward when unbuckled so you don't have to dig for it. The HUGS are a little different too. I got to play with one with Darren and JOII last week. The crotch strap flipping was a nice feature. I have no idea what the price difference is between the 2nd generation and G3 is but if they are close to the same I would get the G3 for that cratch strap feature. It is not worth a bunch more money though IMO.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
MA G3 does not have the new HUGS, just the belly pad that's stiff and holds the crotch strap up and out of the way, and a label sewn to the tether so you know that it IS a tether (for the 99% of parents who don't read manuals..).
I wonder if a Brica Snack Pod would attach to the old style seats, I don't think our BRU got that till after those seats were gone so I couldn't try it, Target sells them too, and you could try it on their classic (or read amazon reviews about it, I love mine, but haven't tried to put it on a convertible seat, lol).

momtoo3

Thanks, the G3 we were playing with was the Advocate. I assumed that the HUGS would be the same on the MA G3 and BLVD G3. I guess I should have looked before I posted :eek:.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It's ok, I thought they all did, too, then I opened the MA at work and it didn't (after I'd run around being all excited about how it would be different, I got some eyerolls from my less-than-impressed coworkers, lol).

bnsnyde

All I can say is buy the new one. That is...if the crotch strap actually stays out of the way, my life would be 500 times easier!!

The whole loading the baby routine into his Advocate is very difficult because I have to balance him on my hip, grab the crotch strap so he does not sit on it, and then hold it while I put him in. The strap does not want to stay out of the way. I would love that new feature!

Another issue is that mine is under watch for screws that fall out. The newer ones, I assume, have resolved that issue.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Plus, the MSRP on the G3's is the lower than the G2's. Like, how they can make the new seats the same price as the clearance priced old ones at BRU is beyond me. (each seat is 30-40 bucks cheaper than the old ones, like the Roundabout is 169, the old RA was 199, the MA is 249, the old one was 289).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC