Question My Ride Infant Insert/Head Slump

Mugsmom

DD is 5.5 months and roughly 27" tall, mostly torso. She's now so far above the 2nd slots that I have to place the straps on her shoulders and hold them there before buckling the chest clip, otherwise she pops out of them (this is with the harness already buckled and tightened). So this evening I tried taking out the infant insert, and the crotch buckle is WAY too far from her. It causes her to slouch so far that she's a smidge under the 2nd harness slots, and the first are really far down. She's almost taller than the insert though. At what age did you take out the insert?

Also, she gets major head slump in it when she falls asleep. I know it's bad for newborns, but is it okay at 5 months?

ADS

lovemybabies924

Your daughter has a longer torso than my almost 19m old she is barely above the second slot with the insert :) I would say keep the bottom part in but not the head part, I put her in with the harness loose and then clip and tighten

Mugsmom

I know, she's ridiculously tall. We bought her a mini-crib, thinking there was no way she'd be taller than our gigantic DS was as an infant, nope - she's taller!

Our My Ride has the head/body insert as one piece, so maybe we'll just keep it in for now and be a little more cautious about checking that the harness is fully on her shoulders. I guess she's just in a weird in between size.

I was kind of hoping taking the insert out would fix the head slump - oh well.

InternationalMama

You can use a rolled wash cloth to put between her and the buckle.

:yeahthat: I am probably going to take out the infant insert for my LO soon (he's slightly above the second slots with it in) and I will put a washcloth between him and the crotch buckle if there is any slumping.

Mugsmom

Thanks. I'll try it! We did that with her Keyfit when she didn't fit, but she only had an inch gap. This gap is like 2 inches or more, so I'll see if it works. (She may be tall, but she's only 15 lbs., so she's super skinny.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC