I saved a 10 month old from the Nautilus!

todzwife

A woman at my church has a teenage daughter with an adorable , super chunky 25 pound 10 month old daughter. We got to talking at church and I said something about car seats, and she said "Oh, we bought her one that she faces forward now". I about died. I love this woman to pieces, so I felt comfortable enough telling her "you know that's not even legal, don't you?". She didn't. Turns out the sales associate at Wal-Mart said that the Nautilus was FINE since she was over 20 pounds. She's been riding in it for 2 months:eek: She was LIVID. She had NO idea she wasn't safe.

So when she came over to have me help them install it and I realized that it was a nautilus and not a seat that could install rear-facing, I got my tribute out (our travel seat) and showed her how to get it installed super tight rear-facing. That little hunk of love is now safe and sound REAR facing for hopefully awhile still...

I told her if she had any questions as to WHY she needs to keep her rear-facing, she could look up crash test videos on youtube. I think they speak for themselves.

I don't know that I'll get my tribute back, but it wasn't an expensive seat, so I'm not concerned. I'm just glad she's safe and they were so receptive to the information I gave them.:love:

ADS

Mommy!

You did a great thing, possibly saved a little life! :)

And if you don't get your seat back, the good will come back to you one day; that has a way of happening when we least expect. :love:

hope41more

I worked for bru about 7 years ago. They don't teach ANYTHING about car seat safety- I didn't know any of this stuff back then. It was pretty much just reading the sticker :(

StillThankful

It was pretty much just reading the sticker :(

Don't feel bad. I think a lot of us read the stickers at one point. The stickers and box information gets to the customer first--it's in the store with them:) The CSO information is only available when someone searches the web for it.

The infamous 1 & 20, 3 & 30, and 4 & 40 often haunt me. :thumbsdown:

Kat_Momof3

WOOT! and you know you gotta get some extra karma for that one... being as you helped someone AND were at church... score!

hope you told her the aap recommendation to rearface until at least 2 (unless he maxes the rf weight limit)

bethng

I worked for bru about 7 years ago. They don't teach ANYTHING about car seat safety- I didn't know any of this stuff back then. It was pretty much just reading the sticker :(

when I worked at BRU you would not belive how many customers argued with me about the nautilus. They INSISTED that it could be used rear facing. One lady was simply not going to believe me despite all the evidence I showed her. I told her I was 200% sure that it did not rear face and told her what the "3-in-one" statement meant. She then got mad at ME when she finally seemed to believe me....like it was MY fault it didnt rear face. Glad to be out of that store. Between that and the associate that LOVED the AOE's and pushed them like crazy down peoples throats. Tried to educate her on them but no dice. ugh

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC