Best/Easiest way to get 6 car seats into a 2012 Sienna?

todzwife

I need help with this:

Here are the ages of the kids:
10 months

There are lots of seats available, including 2 Radians, a scenera, CA, Graco snugride, B-safe, bubblebum, harmony boosters, turboboosters and a parkway...

I am thinking:
Back row: 2 FF Radians and the FF CA for the 3, 4, and 5 YO's
Second row: Parkway, Bubblebum, and Snugride for the , 7, 9 and 10 month old? With a booster in a captains chair it's easiest to load the kids in the back that way...

Is there a better idea? That middle seat in the second row won't fit ANYTHING but the bubblebum.

ADS

manitobamimi

it sounds like a good setup, I would just a make sure that the other booster seat is on the captain's chair that is attached to the center jump seat, that way you can slide the whole thing forward to load kids into the back.

todzwife

it sounds like a good setup, I would just a make sure that the other booster seat is on the captain's chair that is attached to the center jump seat, that way you can slide the whole thing forward to load kids into the back.

Very good idea. Thanks!

kam1011

I need help with this:

10 months

There are lots of seats available, including 2 Radians, a scenera, CA, Graco snugride, B-safe, bubblebum, harmony boosters, turboboosters and a parkway...

I am thinking:
Second row: Parkway, Bubblebum, and Snugride for the , 7, 9 and 10 month old? With a booster in a captains chair it's easiest to load the kids in the back that way...

Is there a better idea? That middle seat in the second row won't fit ANYTHING but the bubblebum.

There's only one tether in the third row (center). I would put the FF in the captains chairs and back center. Is this a permanent setup? I personally had trouble getting the radian in the center FF, but it may have been me. It was like 100 degrees and I had twenty minutes and it wouldn't tighten, the way the plastic jets out between the 60/40 split, and I haven't tried since. I have put it in the captains chairs though and even outboard, untethered.

I'm thinking something like: RN-BB-RN 2nd row, and SR - Scenera or CA - parkway. If you can get the radian in the center, that would probably fit better. If the captains chairs' carseats are installed with Latch, they'll slide up and back. I also usually fold down the 8th seat and they climb over it (with bubble bum there, you can do that). You can really fit a lot in the 3rd row.

And FRT, the cosco topside also fits in the 8th seat. Someone just posted pics of it a day or two ago :) I think I might go buy one to leave in the van for spur of the moment use. I just hate the routing and don't want to confuse my daughter and other relatives who have successfully learned "everything goes under."

todzwife

no this is a SUPER temporary set up. Thank you for your insight. I had no problems installing the RN center and I like it there only because the fit of the center belt is CRAP, even with a LBB...I think I need to try that little thing that comes w/ it to position the shoulder belt better because it still cut into his neck.

There's only one tether in the third row (center). I would put the FF in the captains chairs and back center. Is this a permanent setup? I personally had trouble getting the radian in the center FF, but it may have been me. It was like 100 degrees and I had twenty minutes and it wouldn't tighten, the way the plastic jets out between the 60/40 split, and I haven't tried since. I have put it in the captains chairs though and even outboard, untethered.

I'm thinking something like: RN-BB-RN 2nd row, and SR - Scenera or CA - parkway. If you can get the radian in the center, that would probably fit better. If the captains chairs' carseats are installed with Latch, they'll slide up and back. I also usually fold down the 8th seat and they climb over it (with bubble bum there, you can do that). You can really fit a lot in the 3rd row.

And FRT, the cosco topside also fits in the 8th seat. Someone just posted pics of it a day or two ago :) I think I might go buy one to leave in the van for spur of the moment use. I just hate the routing and don't want to confuse my daughter and other relatives who have successfully learned "everything goes under."

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
todzwife said:
I need help with this:

10 months

I am thinking:

I think your setup, and being mindful to be able to slide the second row seat forward is great. I'd like to see radians ff ob third row and ca with top anchor in the center if that is possible. The radian performed well without the ta.

While this isn't the best use of the equipment available (having all ff seats using ta's), it is the most practical for the user.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC