2 rear facing, 2 forward facing, what van?, also, website listing models w/ tether anchors??

diaperjoys

We just discovered that our 99 Pontiac Montana has terrible crash ratings, so we want to replace it with a safer minivan. We want to remain debt free if we can, so we'll be looking for a pre-owned vehicle. Maybe a 98 Toyota Sienna? Or an older Honda Odyssey? Does anyone have vehicle suggestions that would work well with this many car seats??????????

So, if the new van has captain's seats in the second row, can we still fit past the rear facing children in order to help the children in the third row to buckle up? Or do we have to go for a bench where the second row is two seats smushed together?

So, two forward facing, two rear facing, the older two can get their straps over their shoulders and do the chest clip, but still need help with the actual buckle.

Here's the stats,

#1, 4yo, 42", 34 lbs. forward facing in Evenflo Triumph V
#2, 3yo, 38", 32 lbs. forward facing in Britax Roundabout
#3, 18mo, 24 lbs., rear facing in Marathon
newborn will be rear facing in a brand new Snugride.

I think these seats will fit the kiddos for awhile???? There is at least an inch of growing room before their shoulders are even with the last harness slot.

ADS

keri1292

We have a 99 Windstar and love it. Most even have tethers on the front seats. 7 tethers, a car seat lovers dream come true!

We've had our RFing sons in the middle with the head rests removed so that they can see their sister and we can buckle her up. I'm leggy so I can keep my feet planted on the groung, lean thru the slider over the back of the captains chair and buckle dd if needed. Dh has to kneel at the slider and lean over, but it's still a simple two second thing.

I can't imagine crawling back there or keeping my kids squished together on a 2nd row bench. They'd be whacking each other and making me nuts. :rolleyes: We need personal space in the car.

I can also tell you that the MA and Regent installs in the 3rd row. Plenty of room for two Regents if you go with HWH down the road. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC