Does the Guide 65 need noodles?

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
A friend is going to pick one up to take on an airplane on Friday and asked me if there's anything she needs to know about installing it (RF for her 2.5 y/o) in their rental car, and I still haven't seen one in person. Thanks!

ADS

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
We don't use noodles at all anymore. We just jam the seat into the back/bottom of the vehicle seat so hard that it won't move. Our local coalition doesn't even bring noodles to checks anymore. I'm sure you can do it without (you may have to scoot the front seat all the way up to climb in and use your hips to push towards the back of the car though.)

Good luck.

tiggercat

I helped with two at the last clinic, and we did one with noodles and one without. I think it depends on the vehicle seat contours. I might have been able to do the other one without, but I wasn't sure if it might shift over time because the vehicle seat was not very compressible and it didn't wedge well.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I helped with two at the last clinic, and we did one with noodles and one without. I think it depends on the vehicle seat contours. I might have been able to do the other one without, but I wasn't sure if it might shift over time because the vehicle seat was not very compressible and it didn't wedge well.

:yeahthatlove: exactly. I just did one today and the vehicle seat was cushy enough it jammed in there nicely. It doesn't have the sharp front edge that a Scenera has but it worked well in this car. I could see it not working so well on stiff leather seats though. Instead of a noodle or three it's pretty easy to flat-pack a towel on an outer pocket of a suitcase, just in case.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC