Question How do you get three across in CRV (2010) including infant seat?

jfalk2000

I have a CRV (2010,) and I was hoping that someone has successfully installed 3 across (including an infant seat). If you have achieved this feat, please share the combination and arrangement of seats, and the way that you installed them (latch or seat belt.) I currently have 2 Diono R100's, Graco Snugride 22, Britax Roundabout, and Graco Nautilus. I am willing to acquire any combination of seats that would work. I have tried intalling the Radians with various combinations of infant seats (including a Graco Snugride 30 and a Chicco Keyfit 30,) but I haven't been able to get a combination that I feel confident about. The biggest issue appears to be the way the middle seatbelt and latch hookup are offset to the right in the CRV. Thank in advance for any insight that you can provide.

ADS

jacqui276

I find it much easier to get 3 across in a CRV with the seat belts. I've only played around with a 2008 CRV though. Not sure how different the back seats are.

Do your other seats need to be FFing or RFing?

jfalk2000

Sorry that I forgot to include some of the particulars. This is my first post. :)

The 4 year old is 41 inches and 37 pounds, the 2 years old is 34 inches and 23 pounds. and the newborn is 19 inches and 6 pounds. The 4 y.o. is in the Nautilus (FF) and the 2 y.o. is in the Roundabout (FF). The infant is currently in our other car (Graco Roundabout 22.) I'd prefer to have the baby in an infant seat (with a base.) I am pretty sure that the back seat layout for CRV from 2007 to 2011 is the same (maybe with minor cosmetic differences.)

I have never encountered a problem installing seats (latch) on the outboard positions in the back seat, but I have had a challenging time getting a solid install using the center seatbelt. The female end of the seatbelt in the center position (in particular but all positions in general) has a lot of give to it and is pretty long. Even when I cinch the belts tightly, the seats are able to shift. I have read in other posts that I am able to twst the stem 3 times so maybe that will help.

Thanks again for all your insight.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I'd try using your fifth anchor then and doing a center LATCH install, then seatbelts outboard. I'd also turn your two year old rear facing, provided they're not too tall. If they are too tall for the Roundabout, I'd get a new seat to rear face longer.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC