What do you think of the Foonf?

newmommy929

So the title says it all...what do you all think of the Foonf? I know it is not out yet, but I am wondering what everyones thaughts are on it and how you think it will be Thanks!

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I love the way it looks, but it's not for everyone. I'm into both the safety features and the design- I also love the Oobr, though. I know some people think they're both fugly, lol.

It's not out until September, though, so if you need something now, buy something else.

There are several threads in the Car Seat Chat forum detailing people's experiences with the prototypes, if you'd like to see pictures and read their impressions.

boneheaderss

I'm very happy that there is going to be another extend rear facing car seat that goes up to 45 lbs, but I'm not so impressed by the shell height. The Foonf's shell height for rear facing seems almost exactly the same as the Radian as shown by CarseatBlog's review. The shell above Anna's head seemed relatively the same: http://carseatblog.com/16622/oooo-foonf/

IMO, the Clek Foonf is only worth buying if the Diono Radian does not install well in your car (or if you don't want to get a stroke from the stress installing the Radian in your vehicle :D).

Edit: I seemed very negative. I do love the Clek Foonf and how it looks; it looks beautiful. I just don't think that it is competitively priced to the Radian. The prototype may also be different than what will come out in September, so who knows if I will change my mind by then?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
By the numbers, the Foonf goes 2" taller, I think? Also, the Radian requires 1.5" from the top, the Foonf only 1"...

ETA: in that link, I definitely see more headroom in the Foonf.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
By the numbers, the Foonf goes 2" taller, I think? Also, the Radian requires 1.5" from the top, the Foonf only 1"...

ETA: in that link, I definitely see more headroom in the Foonf.

Yeah, there's a big difference. Years' worth.

ETA: So, to answer the OP: I love it. I'm a bit leery of spending $500 on a seat not knowing if I'll like it or not, but Clek has a good enough track record that I'll take a leap of faith. I have super skinny, tiny kids and I still want one. I loathe the Radian with the fury of a thousand burning suns, though. Others will hate the Foonf and love the Radian. Or the Peg. Or the Pria, or whatever. It's awesome having so many options now :love:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC