Evenflo Secure Kid *100*??

ADS

henrietta

Interesting. I'm tempted to buy it just to see.

If it went to 50 lbs, I would order it right now. It's on line only. BUT my nearly 4 yr old already weighs about 37-38 lbs...and I don't think I want to booster him right at 40 lbs, b/c he'll be there before 5 yrs old I'm sure. Although, I do think he'd ride well in a booster and we'd have no problems on short trips.

henrietta

agave

So what are you supposed to do if your kid hits 40 lbs and 43.3" at different times? 43.3" WTF?

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
It wasn't mentioned in the Evenflo webinar a few weeks ago. But if it is, IF you have a lightweight kid, it'd be ok. Who makes a 40 pound forward facing seat anymore?

Wendy

StillThankful

I get really excited when I see more and more budget friendly seats being put in the market. Wished it harnessed to 50# but.... it's a start!

Jessica61624

StillThankful said:
I get really excited when I see more and more budget friendly seats being put in the market. Wished it harnessed to 50# but.... it's a start!

What I don't understand is why its priced the same as a maestro but #10 less harnessed. It's the same shell.

StillThankful

What I don't understand is why its priced the same as a maestro but #10 less harnessed. It's the same shell.

Hmmmm....maybe it's the region the Maestro is sold? Here, the Maestro is around $80 in stores. One was found at my local TRU on clearance for $75. But you are right. The Maestro can be purchased for the same price online.:confused:

kdkm

Yeah, I don't get it. It seems like a nice enough seat but I think any combination seat made these days should have at least a 50 pound weight limit, if not more.

Does it make a good booster at least? I know that is the big issue with the Maestro.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor

It is based on the Maestro shell but they stripped some of the reinforcements that enabled the Maestro to be rated to 50 lbs - that's why this one only goes to 40 lbs. Wal-Mart insists on ridiculously low price points so manufacturers have to do whatever they can to meet Wally's demands (if they want to keep their product on the shelf). That's the reason this seat will only be available at Wal-Mart.

ETA: the MSRP on the Maestro is $79-85. You can often find it cheaper on sale but the Maestro is a higher priced seat.

Jessica61624

Kecia said:
It is based on the Maestro shell but they stripped some of the reinforcements that enabled the Maestro to be rated to 50 lbs - that's why this one only goes to 40 lbs. Wal-Mart insists on ridiculously low price points so manufacturers have to do whatever they can to meet Wally's demands (if they want to keep their product on the shelf). That's the reason this seat will only be available at Wal-Mart.

ETA: the MSRP on the Maestro is $79-85. You can often find it cheaper on sale but the Maestro is a higher priced seat.

Are the slots the same? At least it makes a decent booster, better than the Chase.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Are the slots the same? At least it makes a decent booster, better than the Chase.

Yes, harness slot heights are the same and yes it should offer better belt fit in booster mode than the Chase. So it's progress - even by Wally's standards. :rolleyes:

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
This seat just showed up in Canada, being carried by Canadian Tire, with a regular price of $90 and a sale price of $67.49. A harnessed seat with that height at that price is unheard of here. Even if it does only harness to 40lbs it's a very affordable option for a kid of the right build.

agave

I don't expect my youngest to hit 40 lbs until 6ish it would be a great spare for when she turns FF.

amelia222

This seat just showed up in Canada, being carried by Canadian Tire, with a regular price of $90 and a sale price of $67.49. A harnessed seat with that height at that price is unheard of here. Even if it does only harness to 40lbs it's a very affordable option for a kid of the right build.

I don't expect my youngest to hit 40 lbs until 6ish it would be a great spare for when she turns FF.

:yeahthatlove: to both of those. I'm going to go play with it tomorrow. Hopefully it installs easily in DH's truck and the tether is long enough. I might get it for a spare since Alice would love a purple seat.

henrietta

:yeahthatlove: to both of those. I'm going to go play with it tomorrow. Hopefully it installs easily in DH's truck and the tether is long enough. I might get it for a spare since Alice would love a purple seat.

You can order a tether extender from Evenflo. I don't remember what they cost, but it attaches to the tether on your seat...adding a good 2 ft to it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC