Those evil chinese "car seats" on Amazon!

Brigala

CPST Instructor
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Cosmos-Brown-Harness-Safety-Booster/dp/B008J7I0EY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1342885634&sr=8-2&keywords=Cosmos+®+Brown+Color+5+Point"]Amazon.com: Cosmos ® Brown Color 5 Point Harness Child Safety Booster Car Seat + Free Cosmos Cable tie: Baby[/ame]

Somehow those cloth-and-velcro "car seats" from China that are commonly sold on eBay have made their way onto Amazon.

I have left a review in order to warn other parents away from this thing, contacted Amazon, and contacted Galaxy Tech, which is the reseller who is providing this item through Amazon and asked them to please remove it and warning them that they might be held liable for injuries that result from them selling a product that's illegal to use. I am posting here thinking some of you may also want to do the same.

My attention was brought to it because it was posted on another car seat forum.

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Someone (not me because I'm on my way out the door) should contact NHTSA, too. It's illegal to sell seats that don't meet federal standards.

mum2two

GRANDMA KNOWS :rolleyes: that seats like this are illegal and and so do we, but it's sad that many folks in general public do not.

StillThankful

I left a review as well--I just used some of the information from you review.

Thanks for sharing this and making us aware of it.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Gah! It says "only one left in stock" - but earlier today there were TWO! Someone bought one! :twitch::banginghead::crying:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC