New Odyssey Where do I put car seats?

jewlsvern

Since it is very hot here I don't want to have to move car seats a ton of times so I need some advice on where to put the kids.

Currently we are in a Mazda CX-9. DD1 is FF in a TF, DS is RF in a RN, and DD2 is RF in a SS1. We also have 3 and 4 adults often. A few times a week we have only 2 adults but 6 kids, my 3 plus 3 others, age 10 & 11 (5-step) and 14 months.

Current set up for our family is

D P
SS1 RN A
TF

How should I put my seats in the Odyssey? The only thing I am really set on is keeping DD2 behind the driver. I am thinking of putting DD1 3rd row driver side so an adult can climb into the 3rd row easier. That is our difficulty in the CX-9, climbing over the TF. But if I do that she is on the 60 split instead of the 40 and it leaves less room in the back if I need to fold a seat.

There is LATCH in every spot but 3rd row middle and Tethers in every spot.

HELP!!!

ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Can DD1 buckle herself? If so, I think you've got the best set up. When you have the 14mo the older two can sit in the rear and the 14mo can go on the other captains chair.

ETA: The Ody has a lot of space for cargo so I doubt you'll need to tumble that seat very often.

jewlsvern

Yes, DD1 can buckle herself so that helps. I tried to put DD1 and DS in the back but was not able to get them next to each other and I could not fit between them. I think I might try another arrangement but the TF is just so wide. I would love to keep the 2nd row middle empty so we can use the console when we don't have a full car. But if nothing else works I will have to put DS there.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC