Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: stretchy sling

stretchy sling

Can anyone help me understand the purpose/way to use a stretchy baby sling?

I bought a custom made non-adjustable sling on ebay and it arrived the day before my baby was born. I ended up having the baby early and all sorts of chaos going on so i never really looked at it until i felt like i was too late to question the seller(though looking back i know i should have anyway). I didnt realize when I bought the sling, it was going to be jersey knit type fabric so it is stretchy. I dont remember if it said otherwise or I just assumed cotton meant bedsheet type fabric or what. Either way, I now have this sling I want to find a new home for but I don't even really know how to sell it(ie: target audience) cause I'm not sure if its usable for more than just infancy or what? and if so, how? I have a ring sling I use and am happy with but i don't even know what type of sling to compare this to in a title to sell on Craigslist or Ebay or whereever.

It feels like a stretchy t-shirt fabric. It is like a ring sling in that it creates a pocket/tube after you fold it to put the baby in only its not adjustable. It is reversible so you can fold it either way to have the solid or pattern on the inside by baby or outside to see. maybe like the slings at http://www.slinglings.com/baby_sling...ons&position=3
    but since so stretchy, how do you use it? and who would/could use it? I dont think my 20lber could go in it without it going to my knees.

All of your insights are greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: stretchy sling

It's called a pouch and if they are the right size for the parent child combo they can be used with a newborn or even a toddler (but not with a stretchy pouch). Stretchy pouches are super hard to get the right fit because they of course they stretch and they can not be adjusted. If your toddler goes to your knees, then the pouch is too big for you or the toddler is too heavy (most likely both)

The first thing would be to measure it and see what size it would correspond to and then ask the seller to measure themselves from hip to shoulder... The measurement should correspond to this : http://www.pookababy.com/images/hots...chart-full.gif though this chart is based on a non-stretchy pouch...

Sell it for newborn use only as it is a stretchy material and it should only be used in upright positions like tummy to tummy, hip carry, kangaroo hold or perhaps a cradle hold or better a reverse cradle hold for short amounts of times...

Re: stretchy sling

Wow, Thank for the awesome info! I really appreciate your help!