Vent Bad Mom Award!

CuddlyMonsters

So I have a confession to make...

I am the world's most awful mom!
Yesterday evening I had put my son into the car and forgot he was just in regular underwear (we are in the middle of potty training), I should have put him back into a pull up before we left the house...

Needless to say he had an accident in his carseat. Since it was late last night I feel asleep before I could take care of the carseat even though my husband had uninstalled it and brought it all the way upstairs to the laundry room...

This AM I wash the cover up in hopes it would be ready in time to take him to pre-school. No such luck, although it was HOT outside it was not where near dry, it no longer smelled like urine though. :D

Anyways, so we were going to be late. So I ended up getting the CCO out of the basement to put the baby in. Then I adjusted the Peg Perego Convertible to put him in RF, well half way to his pre-school he ended up car sick and asked me to stop the car. He puked on the side of the road (there goes his breakfast)! So then because we were crunched for time I put him in his sister's Graco Turbobooster (I locked the belt on him)...

7591666426_dea0d57743.jpg

Here is a picture of him after we got home from school today...

SERIOUSLY - Talk about the "AWESOME" mom award! I hate MONDAYS... Ugh.

ADS

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
That pic could be a stock photo for Graco, that kiddo is so cute.

I forgot to buckle DD before we left for day camp this morning. She informed me at the bottom of our hill at the stoplight (it's literally .6 of a mile to the school, but still). She then said, "it's OK mommy, I'm sitting correctly". So then I got all graphic on her on what would happen in a wreck. Why she didn't say something before I pulled out of the garage I don't know (and no, my 6.5 year old can NOT buckle herself into a booster. *sigh*)

ctbcleveland

I am sorry you had a bad day.

So - did he puke in car? I couldn't figure it out from your first post. That is no fun. I just had this situation with my son on the way back from an 8 hour road trip :(

CuddlyMonsters

I am sorry you had a bad day.

So - did he puke in car? I couldn't figure it out from your first post. That is no fun. I just had this situation with my son on the way back from an 8 hour road trip :(

Nope! He let me know in time, so I stopped the car. Pulled over. His pre-school is like 5 minutes down the road (if even). Mainly through resdential neighbourhoods...

My little dude gets anxious when he is RF, to the point where he will get sick and puke. He never slept in a crib either due to anxiety. He actually slept in a twin size bed since about 18 months and he would sleep through the night that way. He still does (took the safety rail off when he was about 2)...

Looking back on this, I would have been better off just putting him in the Turbobooster to start with and left the baby in her Peg Perego Convertible RF. We probably would not have been as late! He was 17 minutes late and the lock the doors when you are past 5 minutes late. So, it was just NOT a FUN morning. On top of everything I forgot that today is Tuesday and not Monday, :eek: lol!

Today has just been one of those days...

Kat_Momof3

awww... well, you were doing the best you could. I would say better would have been to prep the seat for him forward facing (since you already had to adjust it anyway), but thankfully he meets the minimums for the booster so you had that option for such an emergency.

laurengt

Definitely not a bad mom at all!!! You did everything you could and survived a Monday. Now after the kids go to sleep have a drink/dessert and relish that you are a SURVIVOR! :0)

CuddlyMonsters

awww... well, you were doing the best you could. I would say better would have been to prep the seat for him forward facing (since you already had to adjust it anyway), but thankfully he meets the minimums for the booster so you had that option for such an emergency.

Yeah! I guess in hindsight "yes", but I was trying to "save time" by just adjusting the headrest and harness to his height. On the Peg Perego Convertible when you adjust the headrest the harness adjusts with it. So it is super fast to adjust it to a different height. In RF mode you can only use the bottom 7. For him I have to have it on the 7th notch and he only just fits in RF as he barely has 1" left...

linneabw

"I have to hold on to the sides because I'm not buckled" says my 3.5 year old from his rearfacing seat!!! DH thought I did it and I thought he did it. Thank God he told us before we hit the freeway but we still had driven 2 miles or so!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC