Jogging stroller

lovemy2kidstw

I need some help deciding which jogging stroller to get. It will be used mainly for DS who is 25+ lbs & 35+in tall, not sure of exact measurements. I want the option to put DD in it if it is just me & her going somewhere. She is 40+ lbs & 41+ in tall, all legs. I plan on doing some light jogging on pavement & possibly dirt road. I want it to be able to go over semi- rough terrain as we live in the country. I want the swivel wheel, I had a fixed wheel & hated it.

I really would love a BOB, but unless I win the lottery ( or NBD lottery ;) ) that's not gonna happen. I have been looking at the instep safari & grand safari & the baby trend. I like the soft seat pad & speakers that come with the grand version of the safari stroller. Are the speakers worth the extra? Would i just be better off buying a plain jogger & then buying a soft seat pad to go in it? There is a baby trend velocity jogger that has speakers also. I really like the orange color, but it is about $160. I would like to spend as little as possible because I have had about 10 strollers between both of my kids, lol. I want to buy this one right the first time.

ADS

jgomez411

Have you checked Craigslist for a BOB?
I have a Baby Trend jogger and I hate it. I have a Jeep Urban Terrain stroller which I love but I've never tried it for jogging.

lovemy2kidstw

jgomez411 said:
Have you checked Craigslist for a BOB?
I have a Baby Trend jogger and I hate it. I have a Jeep Urban Terrain stroller which I love but I've never tried it for jogging.

Yes, the only bob I have seen is 2.5 hours away & they wanted $275. I live in hickville, so the nicest stroller on CL would be a graco, lol.

Why do you hate the baby trend & is it fixed or swivel wheel?

MommyShannon

I have the double instep safari. Not sure how it compares to the single. Its served me well the past year but has some cons too.
Pros: love the front wheel can swivel or be locked. Locked is much better running.

Love how it does on the gravel and dirt trails we go on.

Love how easily the back tires can be removed to make it fit in a trunk better.

Cons: HEAVY! Ours is the double though so maybe the single isn't as bad. I'm ok with heavy but it's a pain to load/unload because of it. It pushes great running, it's just an issue when folded up.

A lot of reviews mention the front tire is hard to air up. We haven't had a problem but we do have a bike pump with a very low profile adaptor. Several reviews mentioned theirs came with a flat that had to be fixed. We did have to air ours up a bit but haven't had to replace tubes yet.

There is a bar kind of blocking the basket so it's hard to get anything large in it even though the baskets a good size.

I just use music on my iPhone using the phones speakers.
ETA: here is a pic when DS was about 40" I think. The single has a smaller footrest but the rider is centered on it. DD1 rides in it sometimes and is 48". She's definitely big for it but it works ok. Her head is above the back rest but fits under the canopy.
5392ef41.jpg

jgomez411

lovemy2kidstw said:
Yes, the only bob I have seen is 2.5 hours away & they wanted $275. I live in hickville, so the nicest stroller on CL would be a graco, lol.

Why do you hate the baby trend & is it fixed or swivel wheel?

I have both a swivel wheel and a fixed wheel. It jst doesn't seem like that smooth of a ride and my daughter never wants to sit in it...I don't blame her though because the seat is literally a piece of wood with a little padding on it. My mom bought both of them off Craigslist and I am so glad that she didn't pay that much for them because I rarely use them.

lovemy2kidstw

MommyShannon said:
I have the double instep safari. Not sure how it compares to the single. Its served me well the past year but has some cons too.
Pros: love the front wheel can swivel or be locked. Locked is much better running.

Love how it does on the gravel and dirt trails we go on.

Love how easily the back tires can be removed to make it fit in a trunk better.

Cons: HEAVY! Ours is the double though so maybe the single isn't as bad. I'm ok with heavy but it's a pain to load/unload because of it. It pushes great running, it's just an issue when folded up.

A lot of reviews mention the front tire is hard to air up. We haven't had a problem but we do have a bike pump with a very low profile adaptor. Several reviews mentioned theirs came with a flat that had to be fixed. We did have to air ours up a bit but haven't had to replace tubes yet.

There is a bar kind of blocking the basket so it's hard to get anything large in it even though the baskets a good size.

I just use music on my iPhone using the phones speakers.
ETA: here is a pic when DS was about 40" I think. The single has a smaller footrest but the rider is centered on it. DD1 rides in it sometimes and is 48". She's definitely big for it but it works ok. Her head is above the back rest but fits under the canopy.

I'm not really worried about it being too heavy. Right now my double stroller is a graco ready 2 grow & it's pretty heavy, oh well I get a workout.

Thanks for the picture, that helps a lot.

lovemy2kidstw

jgomez411 said:
I have both a swivel wheel and a fixed wheel. It jst doesn't seem like that smooth of a ride and my daughter never wants to sit in it...I don't blame her though because the seat is literally a piece of wood with a little padding on it. My mom bought both of them off Craigslist and I am so glad that she didn't pay that much for them because I rarely use them.

Yeah, that's why I was thinking about getting a seat pad so it would be more cushy. I wish my CL had good stuff on it.

Jennifer mom to my 7

The seat backs on the baby trend or jeeps are not going to be tall enough for your bigger child. If you are going to actually jog, especially on rougher terrain, you want a stroller that can have the front wheel fixed. The bob revolution or the baby jogger summit xc (or an older baby jogger AT) would be better for you. You can find stuff even on hicksville cls, you just have to be diligent.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC