Questions about the Probooster vs Monterey

momtoo3

I am trying to find something that works better in dh's 2010 Malibu. I am beyond frustrated with the 3 across back there. Currently it is Cosco HiRise/Ambassador nbb, FF MR, Monterey. Ds1 doesn't 5 step and needs to be outboard for head support. Ds2 needs a hbb because he still sleeps in the car and because he is right against the side of ds3's seat and I would like protection there other than the hard side of the seat.

So the problem is ds2 is really struggling with buckling the Monterey and dh can't do it. I can but it is tough and I am not always there. Ds3 is also complaining in the MR now. I tried the MA70 in there and it was about the same as the MR in terms of ds2 buckling his booster. Ds3 is very against the MA70 going into dh's car because it doesn't have cup holders like the MR. He can't have it both ways of having cup holders and a different seat that is more comfortable to him.

I was looking at the Probooster again tonight and realized that the base is narrower than the Monterey according to the measurement page. The Monterey base goes in at the armrests which helps give room to buckle. I know the measurements are usually at the widest part..so does anyone have both and could you compare them for me? Pictures would be awesome. I would also be happy if someone could just measure the width at the armrest of a probooster since I have a Monterey I can measure. Also a measurement of how far the sidewings stick out forward would be great so I can try to picture how the probooster would puzzle next to either the MR or MA70. If anyone knows if the probooster puzzles with one of those 2 or with something else FF I would love to know as well.

I am so frustrated with dh's car, words can't describe it. I know that I could just leave the Monterey buckled but after trying that a couple of times it is just too hard for ds2.

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC