Target Toy clearance July 2012

ADS

Holly

I'm super nervous, I hope I can get all the stuff that I want to! Dh is teaching tomorrow so he can't be home with the kids, but his school is right next to Target, like a 1-2 minute drive away and his class doesn't come in until 8:35 so he's taking the kids in his classroom so I can shop without them but I have to be done and picking them up by 8:30.

There is always a line of people waiting every year when this goes on, so I want to get there early enough that I can be one of the first. I really want a lot of stuff this time. I want an IXL, a hot wheels trio set, A lot of lite sprite sets, a few other odds and ends and a leapster and IXL game if they are still there, there was one left of each today when I was there looking.
I'll need a cart for all this stuff, but a cart will slow me down getting into the aisles. There were just 3 blue IXL's left today. I got one already at 50% off a while back but I want it at 75% off and I can return the other one. Same with an IXL game I got, the Toy Story game. I got it last week because there were two left and I wanted to make sure I got it. Today there was still one left.

I'm nervous and excited!

NannyMom

I'm glad I was this! I have been thinking all morning there was something about today.... But there's not usually anything special about Thursday. Very bummed I can't get there until 2 though

NannyMom

Holly, how did it go for you? I left frustrated. Some things were 70% off and some were 50 and some were still 30 :( there are 2 new things there I want but they are 30 and 50% off :(

Kegracin

Holly, how did it go for you? I left frustrated. Some things were 70% off and some were 50 and some were still 30 :( there are 2 new things there I want but they are 30 and 50% off :(

This was how mine was as well.

On a side note does any one know if the pool noodles go on clearance?

Holly

I was the first person to get in line at the doors this morning but like the 6th or 7th to get in, some people take this way too seriously and will plow you over in the aisles trying to get back there first. This guy got to the IXL aisle ahead of me and in a swoop it looked like he dumped the whole shelf in his cart without looking. I got my Blue IXL though AND the Toy Story IXL game!
Then I went to get the Lite Sprites and no one was even on that aisle. I got the tree, all the dolls, and 1 extra set. Then I went and grabbed the Hot Wheels TRIO set that I wanted. After grabbing those things which were the most important, I looked around a bit more. I ended up also getting a Zhu Zhu puppy and doghouse and 1 outfit for it for Abby's birthday and a turtle thing that is some kinda spiral art toy, it's made for little kids, I can't remember what it's called. I think that is all I got.
The stuff was 70% off, not 75% but still great deals. I spent $92 total. That is the most I have spent at a Toy Clearance. Dh is kinda annoyed with me for spending that much but I think he'll be fine when he sees how much stuff I really got. Josh's Christmas is 90% done now and we have a big head start on the girls.

I came back after picking up the kids from Dh so I could return the IXL and game that I bought when they were only 50% off and we browsed the toys again. The guy that nearly plowed me over was still there with his wife or whoever he was with and they had like 3 carts FULL of stuff and they were looking through it deciding what they were really keeping and looking up toys on their phones to see reviews and such. I hope they are really getting the toys for kids and not to sell for a profit. It bugs me when people do that and it takes away from other people who went to the store to buy some gifts for their kids. I'm glad I was able to get everything that I wanted.

NannyMom

I'm just going to have to keep checking every few days. There were several of the 2 things I wanted, maybe the price will go down. I even scanned everything I case it just didn't get stickered. It sounds like your target had a LOT more than mine though

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
My Target marked down today. I know this because a clerk told me when I couldn't find any Hexbugs. She said she bought one on clearance for her grandkid that morning, but that a group of women had come in and bought almost all the 70% off toys from that Target and two others. Roman found a Lego set he liked for 50% off and bought it.

mamajava

Senior Community Member
I tried to go yesterday but with 3 kids and no room in the cart for the 4 yr old because of the carseat, I didn't get to look much. They were still putting stuff out and marking down. I am going to try going tomorrow.

StillThankful

Meh, not really impressed with selection. I did get DD1 a Lite Sprite for her bday coming up--not sure what it is, but it was cute and 70% off.

Everything else seemed to be Baby Alive doll babies--my daughters already have a bunch of them.

I'll try back next wednesday to see if there are more markdowns--will get DD1 a couple of more things for her bday.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC