Britax Serene Fabric

MAJ

I am shopping for a new seat for my younger daughter. As of now, I am considering either an Advocate or a Boulevard. I found a good price on an Advocate in the Serene fabric, but I'm wondering if it is not "girly" enough since it looks very blue in the pictures? It's described as more of an aquamarine, but it's so hard to tell in the pics I've seen. Anyone have this fabric that can help?

Also, I've asked several questions on here in the past as a guest, so I decided to just join! I've gotten great help on here before, and I love that this site exists! I am a little type A when it comes to my kids' car seats, so it's great to be able to chat with other people who understand. :)

ADS

DMS721

I have the serene fabric. It is definitely more of an aquamarine color. I thought it was more of a blue from the picture and ordered it for my son. I was really bummed when it arrived and I saw it was more of a green. I was too lazy to return it though. At some point I will probably order a different cover for it.

Dawn

thtr4me

I would put either gender in that seat. Heck, I have Flora for my big boy for our old VW, because I like Flora.

StillThankful

It's beautiful to me. I haven't seen it IRL but green and aqua are definitely gender neutral! You should go for it:) If you do, please post a pic :thumbsup:

I was seriously considering this cover! Do you find it to be "hitch-prone"? I guess it just looked that way to me in pics online, but I *really* want it if the fabric on the main seat is durable. Any pics? ;)

MAJ

I actually found a local store where I could see the serene fabric in person -- I think the color is very pretty, but I wasn't crazy about the texture. I could see it possibly snagging, if that's what "hitch prone" means. :) Definitely feels like good quality, but just not what I'd imagined!

MAJ said:
I actually found a local store where I could see the serene fabric in person -- I think the color is very pretty, but I wasn't crazy about the texture. I could see it possibly snagging, if that's what "hitch prone" means. :) Definitely feels like good quality, but just not what I'd imagined!

LOL yes that's what it was supposed to mean :p
it's so darn pretty but the Velcro on the harness will snag it no doubt.. *sniff*

DMS721

I don't think it snags easily. We have used it daily for 6 months and it has held up fine. We also have the Advocate in the Zebra print, and I actually like that one better for looks and feel.

Dawn

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC