TB Screws?

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Are they all the same screw?

I rescued a near-expiration backless Turbo from a rummage sale yesterday which was missing its arm screws (frankly I might have left it there if it had its arm screws in since it wasn't quite expired yet). The booster "jingled" when shaken and I was super curious about what was inside so I took out all the screws (ten in all!) in an effort to get it apart. I don't have any arm rest screws at the moment to compare it to, but the screws I took out look identical to my recollection of what the screws are supposed to look like - and they fit into the arm rests perfectly. I'd be willing to wager they're all exactly the same screw, but before I throw the screws into my tech kit to hand out when needed I'd love to be sure. Anybody have a TB they could compare screws on for me?

By the way, the jingle was a little charm bracelet.

ADS

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Yeah, I thought there might be change inside, actually. :) The charm bracelet had just one charm on it, a heart with the name "Samantha" on it. Since it was a community rummage sale and no way to figure out who donated the seat and return it, I gave it to my son to give to his friend to give to his girlfriend whose name happens to be Samantha. ;)

christineka

I didn't know there were any more screws in the turbo bottom. I now have arm rest screws. On Monday I plan to take the screws out of the expired turbos in my garage. I will then compare.

tiggercat

My daughter's turbo jingles too, I am curious yet afraid of what she might have lost in there. LOL.
I don't know the answer to your question. You could always call Graco.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Some of the screws in the back part appear to be the same, but on the ones I've actually removed they're not quite the same size. I've never noticed any extras in the bottom. Let us know?

tam_shops

I'm curious about how things are getting inside the TurboBooster! LOL Can't you take the arm rest off and then tip it on it's side to get things out?

Also curious about the screws same/not...

tam

tiggercat

tam_shops said:
I'm curious about how things are getting inside the TurboBooster! LOL Can't you take the arm rest off and then tip it on it's side to get things out?

Also curious about the screws same/not...

tam

They put things in the cupholders and close them. Then if the booster tips sideways while moving it (or the bottom falls off, lol), the stuff slides around inside.
Btw, cupholders apparently autocorrects to diphtheria.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

tjham

Well, that's a bummer.

You'd think they would do something logical that would made production easier and cheaper, but nooooooooo... :rolleyes:

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
The screws that hold the red belt guides on on the backs are the same though. As far as I can tell, they are the same width, just a slightly different length. I use them all the same, they fit and keep those arms in place.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC