Question stress on shell of Britax boulevard 70

U

Unregistered

I've had this seat's installation inspected, and it is not expired nor has it been in a crash. However last night my father (a more than 200) pound man leaned over it to grab an item on the opposite side of the backseat. I noticed he was putting quite a bit of pressure on the shell. Looked like it was twisting almost at the top. Don't see any damage, but I know it's not always the case. Do I have to get a new one? Bought this one a little more than a year ago... ugh.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Is it untwisted now? And by twisted, do you mean the frame of the shell, or it tipped over a bit? A picture, if there's something visible, would be good.

Carseats are made to withstand hundreds or thousands of pounds of force. I wouldn't worry too much.

Out of curiosity, is the seat installed with LATCH or the belt, and on the side or in the middle?

I would check to make sure the wings aren't broken. They're broken by two year olds looking at them funny, though.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC