lots of questions!

ok where to start...hmm. i have a 21 month old who is around 30lbs and right now she is in the britax ra.
i have another little one he is almost 2 months old weughs 14ish lbs and is around 22 inches,he is in the graco safeseat.i almost never lug that thing in and out of the car as i carry him in my sling so after x-mas i would like to switch seats around so here are my questions...
1. should i leave him in that until he no longer fits?
2. should i buy a new seat for my toddler,i was thinking a marathon and then put my little man in her ra?
3.i also have an alphaoe should i put her in it?him?
sorry for all the questions
tia,
theresa
btw i also drive a 2001 ford expedition so no LATCH system:mad:

ADS

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
I think you already have a great infant seat... yes, you are using it like a convertible, no big deal. So why do you want to get rid of a perfectly good seat that he still fits in? I'd save the money and leave the kids where they are until one or both of them outgrows their seats.

There will probably be newer, better seats on the market at that time for you to choose from. ;) :)

MomToEliEm

One thing I am wondering - is your daughter in the Roudabout rearfacing or forward facing? Both my girls outgrew their roundabout rear facing at 22 months due to height. Rear facing is much safer then forward facing and if you are wanting to keep your daughter rearfacing longer, you might want to get a larger seat to keep her rearfacing until she is 33-35 pounds in a different seat. The marathon, evenflo triumph advance, or even the radian (if it fits in your car well) would be good choices since they accomodate children a lot longer rearfacing and allow a child to stay harnessed forward facing much longer then most of the other seats on the market today.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
You also mentioned you have an AOE... if your daughter has outgrown the RA, rearfacing, then you could use the AOE rearfacing for her.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC