Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

lots of questions!

ok where to start...hmm. i have a 21 month old who is around 30lbs and right now she is in the britax ra.
    i have another little one he is almost 2 months old weughs 14ish lbs and is around 22 inches,he is in the graco safeseat.i almost never lug that thing in and out of the car as i carry him in my sling so after x-mas i would like to switch seats around so here are my questions...
    1. should i leave him in that until he no longer fits?
    2. should i buy a new seat for my toddler,i was thinking a marathon and then put my little man in her ra?
    3.i also have an alphaoe should i put her in it?him?
    sorry for all the questions
    tia,
    theresa
    btw i also drive a 2001 ford expedition so no LATCH system

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: lots of questions!

I think you already have a great infant seat... yes, you are using it like a convertible, no big deal. So why do you want to get rid of a perfectly good seat that he still fits in? I'd save the money and leave the kids where they are until one or both of them outgrows their seats.

There will probably be newer, better seats on the market at that time for you to choose from.
    Jen, Former CDN CRS Tech
    DS1 /02, Seatbelt in the driver's seat now!
    DS2 /05, Seatbelt

DS3 /12, Britax Frontier/Parkway SG
    DD1 /15, Rfing Peg PVC

One thing I am wondering - is your daughter in the Roudabout rearfacing or forward facing? Both my girls outgrew their roundabout rear facing at 22 months due to height. Rear facing is much safer then forward facing and if you are wanting to keep your daughter rearfacing longer, you might want to get a larger seat to keep her rearfacing until she is 33-35 pounds in a different seat. The marathon, evenflo triumph advance, or even the radian (if it fits in your car well) would be good choices since they accomodate children a lot longer rearfacing and allow a child to stay harnessed forward facing much longer then most of the other seats on the market today.

You also mentioned you have an AOE... if your daughter has outgrown the RA, rearfacing, then you could use the AOE rearfacing for her.
    Jen, Former CDN CRS Tech
    DS1 /02, Seatbelt in the driver's seat now!
    DS2 /05, Seatbelt

DS3 /12, Britax Frontier/Parkway SG
    DD1 /15, Rfing Peg PVC