Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Recommendations for ERF seat in Prius and Civic?

My sister's 22 month old has just outgrown her Snugride 35 by height, and I she needs a new seat. My niece is tiny in weight and average in height and will be rearfaced for quite a while longer.

I've been away from the car seat research for a little while, so I no longer know what all is available. Can you please recommend a good ERF seat that will work well in a 2004 Prius and another for their secondary car, a 1994 civic?

My sister and brother in law are not installation experts, so I worry slightly about recommending the Radian which can be so difficult to install rear facing. My sister and her family travel fairly often, so having one of the seats be relatively portable and easy to install in a variety of vehicles would be great. They only need to get one car seat in the car, but occasionally have two adults sit in the back seat with the baby.

(BTW, my sister lives in Denver, in case any one knows of a good installation clinic there.)

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

For a child that is a lightweight w with average height I might consider the TrueFit. I know I've put one in a Prius but I think it was without headrest and for petite parents. I don't think there would be a fitment issue, though.
    Down to just a spare Radian, folded in the hall closet for my Godbaby.

Check out this thread for a Pilot overview!