A years difference in the frontier 85

dneul

My just turned 6 year old is almost outgrown the harness in her frontier 85. :( I went back and looked at some pictures and she grew almost 2 inches in her torso. The first 2 pictures are July 2011 and the last 2 are end of June 2012.

Last edited:
ADS

dneul

I have been told that it does... Dd2 is just very very long in the torso... We will have to start bolstering very very soon. :(

bbartlettnfld

I agree with Qarin, In the last two photos it looks like the harness is already below her shoulders. It looks to be coming up over her shoulders. It looks like its time to start the booster training now.

dneul

macmomma said:
I like your portable potty chair:D
I guess the cover comes over the harness?

Yes, the portable potty chair works wonders for my dd2 on road trips... Makes things a lot easier for the "I gotta go NOW" times...

I will take some more it's when she wakes up today.

I can latch and tether the f85 in booster mode right?

dneul

I took a few more this morning. It looks like she has about 1/4 inch before she is over.

Last edited:

Kat_Momof3

that's a girl similar to my own girl (but taller in general... same proportions she had at that age, though)

The good news is... legs should be coming... Ruthie spurted some... for so long I didn't see a torso spurt coming... I need to measure her again... she packed on 4lbs in the last couple weeks but her clothes fit the same, so I know she had a growth spurt.

dneul

She is thick in the middle too. She could wear a 6 if it was a 12 in the waist. So she wears mostly elastic waisted pants. I love summers though when she wears shorts. She wears a 10 in panties too. Her 10 year 10 month sister wears a 12/14 in pants. For gymbo tshirts she wears a 12.

monstah

Jessica61624 said:
From what I can see its outgrown

It looks outgrown to me too because the ruler looks pushed to angle up. OP is it just the camera angle? ETA: Oh, now I see her shoulder isn't even touching the ruler. :p I'm going to bet a tech since 2003 is going to know when a seat is outgrown. ;)

julia94115

I feel your pain- my 4.5 year old just outgrew her Frontier 80- and I am still wavering on if it's worth getting the 85...
We have giraffe kids!!!

From the photos, it definitely looks like yours has outgrown the 85! I can't see that 1/4" you're talking about !! :)

TyAndCheyMommy

My DS outgrew the Frontier 85 a few months before he turned 6 :( It sucks because he is no where near ready for a booster. We ended up having to buy a special needs seat for him :sigh:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC