IRL pics of Radian?

G

guest1

May I please see some IRL pics of the Radian if you have one? I'm mostly looking for pics of them installed but if anyone has a kiddo around 33" and about 23-24# and doesn't mind posting those, that would be great too! We are ordering our Radian in less than a week and I'd like to get a good idea of how it looks.

ADS

jacqui276

This is my 4 month old (when he was last measured about a week before this pic he was 27" and 19lbs):

IMAG1258.jpg
IMAG1259.jpg

This is my 5 year old niece in the middle seat (with a turbobooster and via35 on either side). She is about 32lbs.. not sure of her height but she is quite short.

IMAG1299.jpg

Last edited:

MommaMia

Jacqui276 - what kid of strap covers are on your radian? I have an SK version and 2 Diono versions an neither came with strap covers for below the chest clip...

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
Jacqui276 - what kid of strap covers are on your radian? I have an SK version and 2 Diono versions an neither came with strap covers for below the chest clip...

SK came out with them for a very limited time, as they were almost universally hated :rolleyes: They're not aftermarket.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
Radian 80 or 65 (not sure, I have both, but it doesn't matter) DS at 6-ish months maybe? Here he's about 16 lbs and 27 inches., with a 10 inch torso.
P3130043.jpg

DS yesterday in XTSL:: 3 years, 4months, 30lbs, 36: exactly.
radian2a.jpg

XTSL: DD the day before her 6th birthday (current stats are still accurate, and she still fits: 40lbs, 45")
Taryn6.jpg

Last edited:

jacqui276

They came with my RXT that has a DOM of 04/2012. Apparently all of the seats in Canada have them now. I'm not a huge fan but the manual says that you have to use them?? They seem to fit ok on my niece but are pretty bulky on my little guy. He isn't in the seat full time yet though since he still fits in his via.

java

They came with my RXT that has a DOM of 04/2012. Apparently all of the seats in Canada have them now. I'm not a huge fan but the manual says that you have to use them?? They seem to fit ok on my niece but are pretty bulky on my little guy. He isn't in the seat full time yet though since he still fits in his via.

They are not required to use...at least not in the US

jacqui276

They are not required to use...at least not in the US

According to the facebook page, they are required in Canada for FF but optional RF (good to know!), but the manual says to ALWAYS use them. They are apparently optional in the US. Gotta love Diono and it's clear as mud rules.

G

guest1

Thanks for all the pictures! I like that it doesn't look too cramped in any of the pictures, and I'm glad to see older kiddos RFing in them - that's 70% of the reason why I'm getting it!

laurengt

Here is DS in our SK Radian at about the height weight you mentioned:
IMG_0247.jpg

Same seat at 38" and 33 lbs (2.5 yrs):
5443528a.jpg

Here are 2 Radians installed side-by-side -- the eclipse one is installed using the angle adjuster -- in an '07 Impala:
a50743c7.jpg

32cc6d76.jpg

Keeyamah

Sorry for the slight thread-jack, but I'm glad I saw that pic of your DS in the Radian. Made me realize that I wouldn't have gotten much more time out of it than I did out of our True Fit. My DS outgrew his TF RFing by weight earlier this year (feb or mar) and now at almost 3, is 40lbs and 40in tall. He was right there at height as well, had maybe .5" to an inch left. Wish he wasn't such a big boy sometimes, he outgrows his clothes to fast as well :/

ElfJewel

This was a year ago
happy.jpg

And this was a couple of months ago
8bc13e0f.jpg

Emi is about 34" and 27-28 lbs now. Ian is 38" and 32-33 lbs, Jamie is 42" and 40 lbs, but was about 40" and 37 lbs last year. They all have lots of room left (J is FF now because she asked when she turned 6)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC