Car seat question with some TMI

tl01

You have been warned about the TMI!

Okay, Judi and I have conversed back and forth about the issue but agreed than maybe I should start a thread just in case.

DS2 had been riding in his super duper Toddler Orbit G2 seat with the base bc it helps me get him in the seat bc he hates being put in the car. DS2 has been going through a puking phase that is somewhat unexplained. Last Friday he did quite a number on the seat. I :love: this seat and don't have money to buy another one. Bc of the way the seat is designed there's a perfect area for the vomit to pool. The harness adjuster may have been in the vomit or may not have been. The harness surely was ruined and I have a new harness and cover on their way already. When I washed out the area under the seat where the adjuster is... It was totally sprayed with water. It looks normal though. Would you still use the seat once the harness is replaced? The adjuster portion is not a customer serviceable part.

ADS

amyd

Yes, I'd use it. My Radian was in a very similar situation a couple weeks ago. I stripped off what I could and hosed down the rest. A bit of water isn't going to hurt anything, IMO.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
As long as you let it dry thoroughly so it's not going to mildew, which I'm sure you did, I think it should be fine.

tl01

As long as you let it dry thoroughly so it's not going to mildew, which I'm sure you did, I think it should be fine.

Oh yes. All is dried out:).

Is wrong to want to put him in a plastic bag when he's in the seat from now on....? I'm mostly joking;).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC