Question Evenflo Triumph 65

U

Unregistered

So I recently bought one of these and was not very thrilled to find that the eps/epp foam ends in the middle of the child's back. I figured they wouldn't make it like that unless it didn't cause problems so I decided to use it anyway but I noticed the other day that my daughter had a quarter-size red mark in the middle of her back along her spine about where the foam ends after riding in the seat. She didn't complain but I'm sure it didn't feel good. I have the DLX cover which is supposed to be the cushiest and am using the infant insert since she is still RFing but I can still easily feel the edge of the foam through it. Has anyone else's child had an issue with the edge of the foam hurting their back? Is there anything I can do to make it more comfortable without affecting the safety? We are leaving on a road trip in about a week and I don't want her to be uncomfortable during it.
Thanks to anyone with any advice!

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Welcome to the board! I don't believe I've heard many complaints about this with this seat, though maybe someone else has dealt with it. If she doesn't complain and it doesn't leave marks I wouldn't worry; something uncomfortable looking to an adult might not bother a child, either because it just doesn't, or the angle means no pressure is put on her back etc. If it does become a problem, I'd call Evenflo, as I would not add anything to the seat that they do not approve.

cookie123

That's the reason I never had one. I thought it must be uncomfortable. I believe I asked here about it at the time I was considering it and didn't get much in the way of responses.

henrietta

We have an older one that goes to 50 lbs, the EFTA, and no problems w/it. It's my kid's favorite travel seat. In fact, we just traveled over 1500 miles last week w/it...and 1000 miles a month before that. My almost 4 yr old is the kid riding in it right now. Is the EPS foam all the way back into the shell (ie not falling out/pushing out)? Sometimes, b/c the design of the no rethread harness, the cover can bunch up behind their back, so I'd check that, too.

hths

henrietta

alinae

I have 2 Evenflo Triumph Advance 65s and right now my 4yo and 5y9m old ride in them. I've never had a single complaint from them and never noticed any marks on my 18mo when she was riding in them either, and we don't use the infant insert anymore

Brianna

J has been riding in his EFT65 for a few months now without complaint, no infant insert.

Sent from my DROID4 using Car-Seat.Org

U

Unregistered

Thanks for the replies. It is definitely in the correct place, not sticking out further than it is supposed to etc. I wonder if part of it is because RF means more reclined and therefore more pressure on her back and it could also be because she has some orthopedic issues that make her a little more hunched than your average 3yr old. I guess since she isn't complaining I will try not to worry about it. I might still call Evenflo and see if they have any recommendations. The Evenflo infant seat we had that also had the foam end in the middle of the back did bother both of my kids and left marks so I just don't understand why they make RF seats this way. I can sort of understand it for FF since they aren't very reclined and so there isn't very much weight on it, although it still doesn't seem like it would be comfortable for a long ride. Anyway, thanks again for the experiences!

martygras

My daughter has one and we've not had one complaint from her in it. We drove cross country last year (4,790 miles in 10 days, including two 900 mile days) with her rearfacing and no complaints at all.

I love, love, love that seat and am a little upset it's not compatible with our current vehicle.

CrunchyGymama

My DD1 who is 2.5 has been riding in it since 9 mo and we've never had this issue with it. She's never complained about it and she's a skinny thing!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC