Using an iPad to access car-seat.org

Qarin

I use my iPad at times to read the forum- I use its Safari browser and the forum helpfully tells me, every single time, to get the iPad app.

I don't want to use the app- the full site on the browser on the iPad is great. I have to <cancel> the popup every time.

Is there a way to get the forum to, well, shut up about it?

ADS

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Do you somehow have cookies disabled?

There is a setting for this notice, but it is global, and it is supposed to never appear again after you dismiss it once. Of course, if the cookie is ever cleared for one reason or another, it would appear again. If this happens to a lot of people all the time, I can submit a support request with some more information from those affected (browser type, version, etc).

Qarin

I do have cookies enabled, for sites visited. I just did some tests with enabling all-cookies, which made no difference, but then it occurred to me to click "ok" to the popup, which took me to the app store, and NOW it isn't telling me to get the each time I go to car-seat.org.

I consider that to be rude, bad behavior (the choices should be "no" and "go get the app" and maybe "ask me later", rather than "cancel-means-ask-me-again-later" and "go get the app"), but I can live with it.

TXDani

Senior Community Member
I use the app 95% of the time from my iPad but anytime I do visit from the browser the same thing happens. It is very annoying because I have to click cancel on the popup every time I change pages or finish reading a thread...so in a three minute visit it pops up 10-15 times.

Qarin

When it gives you the popup, try clicking "ok"; it'll go to the App Store, and then go back to Safari and see if you still have trouble.

If you do, check that you're accepting cookies at least from "sites visited" (go to iPad settings, to the Safari settings there) and try it again, choosing "ok" when it tells you to get the app.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
If it is a widespread issue, I can disable the notification for everyone until a support ticket is resolved. Please post in this thread with details of your platform, browser and version.

cso1997

Same thing happens to me. The issue just started a couple days ago. You used to only get the pop up after signing out but now I get it every single time I go to this page. I just kept hitting cancel because the browser works great for me.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC