Planning ahead for DD's babies

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
DD has 2 babies...15mo and 3mo. Both rf'ing in 2000 Sub (no latch, looooong belt stalks and squishy seats). Her ds, while only 3mo is a biiiiig boy and will outgrow his KF30 sooner than later. While I love how the Briax installs, the lack of leg room will be an issue. Big sis is currently in a MA65, but it will expire before she turns 2. I'm not sure how far beyond 2 she will keep her rf'ing. The Radian will not work in the center. I've installed it outboard, and while it's rock solid, the buckle placement was questionable. So lets say it is not compatible. What other options are there that will puzzle well for 2 tall seats with plenty of leg room? I prefer them to have some form of anti-rebound, but ultimately keeping them rearfacing is the most important goal. Suggestions?

Oh, and they have to fit on the "60" side of the bench. No other options.

ADS

momtoo3

2 Complete Airs or a TFP and a CA? Both are tall and have great leg room. I am not familar with the vehicle but I have had good luck with those seats as well as the MR with a lower profile seat next to it so they puzzle.

EmmaGrace'sMom

Truefit Premiere! Easy install and I think the legroom is as good as the RN. It sits a little higher so the belt shouldn't be an issue. It might be harder to lift him into though. How heavy is he? Ellie is 28lbs, so we've got another 7lbs... she's 25 months so that will most likely take a while. I've been using the TFP in my car because Ellie had a diaper leak in the RN and I haven't gotten it reassembled, and if the girls are side by side Ellie kicks and pinches :rolleyes: but I really like it.

Kat_Momof3

for long buckle stalks and legroom, what about the Evenflo Triumph 65?

The suburban has tons of space so wide seats won't be an issue (at least not while she only has two kids, anyway... lol

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
for long buckle stalks and legroom, what about the Evenflo Triumph 65?

The suburban has tons of space so wide seats won't be an issue (at least not while she only has two kids, anyway... lol

There are 2 other kids p/t, but they are in the 3rd row. That's why the only place for her 2 are on the 60 side of the middle bench. I'm trying to see if a friend still has her TFP so we can try it out.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
What about a high-profile Graco (Size4Me or even MyRide) and a low-profile -- either CA or TFP, since the RN doesn't work? If it's a wider bench those should puzzle okay. Those all have pretty good legroom and a variety of height/weight limits. I think S4M and CA would be my first choice, since they're both good to go until kiddos hit 40lb and 40". I don't know how well those would work once one of the seats turns around, though, but you could play with them and try? BRU should have all four of those seats.

Kat_Momof3

well, crud... that eliminates the evenflos.

the Graco Size 4 me sits up high and is narrow... I'm betting that could work.

crunchierthanthou

What other options are there that will puzzle well for 2 tall seats with plenty of leg room? I prefer them to have some form of anti-rebound, but ultimately keeping them rearfacing is the most important goal. Suggestions?

Oh, and they have to fit on the "60" side of the bench. No other options.

What's the plural of Foonf? Zehn?

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
What happens with the 40 side? I have to have two rf seats on my second row and use an OB seating position empty or with a backless booster. The kicker is that OB position has to flip every time. Ds must be on my third row, so I must flip it down every time. The hips on the tf were inhibiting. I had to have it on the opposite OB with something slimmer in the middle.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
What happens with the 40 side? I have to have two rf seats on my second row and use an OB seating position empty or with a backless booster. The kicker is that OB position has to flip every time. Ds must be on my third row, so I must flip it down every time. The hips on the tf were inhibiting. I had to have it on the opposite OB with something slimmer in the middle.

They keep it folded down for easy access to the 3rd row. If they ever needed to haul someone else, they fold it up for use...but that is rare.

melniemi

In the second row of my Yukon xl, I can fit almost any two seats and still flip the passenger seat. I've had a multi tech/fr85, ma65/bv70 both rearfacing, rf mt/rf bv70, bv70/ fr, bv70/probooster.

I don't think you'll have much trouble.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
In the second row of my Yukon xl, I can fit almost any two seats and still flip the passenger seat. I've had a multi tech/fr85, ma65/bv70 both rearfacing, rf mt/rf bv70, bv70/ fr, bv70/probooster.

I don't think you'll have much trouble.

The biggest problem we will have is the squishy seats and ubber long buckle stalks. Makes installing a major PITA!! LOL

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I know you said the radian belt placement was questionable but have you ever tried it with the belt stalk in the belt path?

It doesn't quite get in the path...and it doesn't quit get out when you twist it. Let me see if I can dig up pics. Not sure if they are on this computer.

Last edited:

Jessica61624

KaysKidz said:
It doesn't quit get in the path...and it doesn't quit get out when you twist it. Let me see if I can dig up pics. Not sure if they are on this computer.

That's annoying! I had to really squish my middle seat to get the belt stalk in there. But out board its so easy to install!

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Found it. This is twisted. Untwisted, it doesn't get fully in and ends up at an even worse angle. SKJP OK'd this install via pics, but the techs on here weren't happy with it.

Attachments

• Aug 29 09 035.jpg
    Aug 29 09 035.jpg
    511.4 KB · Views: 22

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC