Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Need help to find perfect seat for big 2 1/2 year old

Help! I am so confused. I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter who is 36 inches tall and weighs 38 pounds. She's currently in her older brothers old evenflo convertible which has no padding and she's constantly miserable, crying and sweating in it. I've been researching different car seats but can't afford the top of the line quality ones. My budget can only go up to $150 right now. I would prefer getting a car seat that I will last quite awhile. I know I'm asking alot - but what is recommended?
    (Oh and I drive a mini-van so room is not an issue.) Thanks in advance!!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic
    Is she rfing or ffing? Whats her torso mesurement?

Since a 45lb rfing seat is out of your budget I would look at the Graco Nautilus or the Evenflo Secure kids 300/400 both under $150 and harness to 65 lbs. Target has had some Nautilus on clearence in store you might want to check out.

CPS Fanatic
    FF or RF? For rf, I'd go with the graco myride, evenflo triumph 65, safety first complete air 50, or even try the safety first guide 65/easy fit/xrs (?)/aquos. I think those are all the same seat lol.
    Caleb Joshua: 8/17/2007; 45.5 inches, 46-47lbs, 17 inch torso; FF in a FN85 and Complete Air Sarah Rose: 05/15/2011; 22lbs, 31 inches; RF in a Britax Roundabout 50 and Combi Coccoro

CPS Fanatic
    Oops, forgot my ff recommendations. I'd look at the evenflo securekid 300/400 or graco nautilus
    Caleb Joshua: 8/17/2007; 45.5 inches, 46-47lbs, 17 inch torso; FF in a FN85 and Complete Air Sarah Rose: 05/15/2011; 22lbs, 31 inches; RF in a Britax Roundabout 50 and Combi Coccoro

Re: Need help to find perfect seat for big 2 1/2 year old

sorry - she's FF now.