I had it out with the True Fit Premier

PikkuMyy

...for almost an HOUR!!! That monster nearly went back to BRU.

I made a trip to TRU/BRU because they started the buy one get 2 free Crayola sale. I noticed that the Truefit that was in the clearance pile (probably) 3 weeks ago, was still there. I finally caved and bought it.

I tried putting the box in my front passenger seat with no luck, so I took it out of the box and started trying to figure it out. I didn't have a lot of time because I had somewhere to be, so I routed the seat belt and locked it to keep it from being a projectile.

At home, I tried again. I fought with the lock-offs for a half hour and then sat in my car, sweat pouring down my face and exhausted. I don't have LATCH so seat belt is the only option and the lock-offs and my seat belts don't like each other. After a while, I tried for another good while. I finally got it, but it was slightly tilted towards the center. I'm sure it was fine but I didn't like the tilt. I'm a bit of a perfectionist. :X I took another break and reluctantly, uninstalled the seat. I did some reading on c-s.org from my phone. Then I gave it another try. I got in installed again, and it only took about 15 minutes that time.

That sucker is not going ANYWHERE for a while. It's for my just-turning 1 year old nephew. I don't drive him often but I do not want to fight with that seat when I do have him!

Anyone else have any difficult installation stories? ;)

On the bright side, I did a private check today and the seat was installed almost perfectly. :) It was just tilting slightly because the LATCH was probably tightened a little more on one side than the other and the RF tether (Classic Marathon) was pretty tight. Other than that, the seat was in solid and tethered RF! I had sent mom links to all the necessary Britax installation videos but I was still pretty impressed! :D

ADS

Brianna

Glad you finally got it in! I can't get my EFTA in by myself because I use a LC to prevent tilting. I've sworn up a storm and worked up a good sweat trying to get it in alone. My favorite ever was trying to get a 3 across (booster included!) in my old Cavalier on a hot summer day, with no AC in my car :cool:

Sent from my DROID4 using Car-Seat.Org

PikkuMyy

Glad you finally got it in! I can't get my EFTA in by myself because I use a LC to prevent tilting. I've sworn up a storm and worked up a good sweat trying to get it in alone. My favorite ever was trying to get a 3 across (booster included!) in my old Cavalier on a hot summer day, with no AC in my car :cool:

LC can be a pain and while I can do it by myself, it's always easier with a second set of hands. I can't even imagine trying to get 3 across the back of a Cavalier without some super narrow seats. o_O

I laugh about it now but at one point, I was sitting on the car seat with my foot up on the package tray. lol My left, middle knuckle is literally bruised and scraped. Yup, it was an experience. ;) If you ever want to play with that seat, you might need to help me get it back in! I'm glad I bought it though because if someone came to a seat check event with one and didn't have LATCH, it would have been interesting. Now I know what I'm doing...I think.

Brianna

I'd love to play with it and help you get it back in! My 3 across ended up being FF AOE (40 pound), RF Tribute and HBTB. I also got a FF Tribute, RF MR and HBTB. They puzzled in just the perfect spots, and thank goodness it was just for one trip!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
If you try different angles and use the lockoffs to help you, you may have an easier time. Those are the two tf tips that have helped me most.

StillThankful

LCs + massive heat = :thumbsdown: uggghhhh!

PikkuMyy

If you try different angles and use the lockoffs to help you, you may have an easier time. Those are the two tf tips that have helped me most.

I tried different angles, with and without pool noodles, and in every possible position. It installed easier in the center but I need it outboard because my son's Frontier85 doesn't fit next to it. :\ I might be able to fit the Nautilus or Maestro next to it but my son and I both prefer the Frontier 85 as his every day seat.

The seat belt simply did not want to stay higher in the belt path and wanted to slide over the bottom of the lock off where the blue thing closes it off. In the end, I used a pyramid of pool noodles and I left a little slack (as suggested by someone around here) so I could tug the seat belt out of the way enough to close the lock offs. It wasn't easy, but it's in there solid now.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC