Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    michelin

Is 3 across in a Hyundai Accent possible?

I have a 2012 Hyundai Accent. I read online that the hip room in the back seat is 53 inches. I measured it for myself and it seems that measurement is door to door. The seat width seems to be closer to 50. I only have 2 kids so it's been fine until now. But I have a friend coming to visit with her 10 month old and I'd like to be able to fit all of us in the car. Plus, I babysit parttime so it would be nice to take the kids places on those days. Anyway, currently I have a Nautilus for my 4 year old (and an Evenflo Maestro as a spare, which I would be willing to move to my car). My 17 month old is in a My Ride, so obviously I would be looking at a new seat for him for my car. I would like to keep him rear facing and he is already 30 pounds, so that does limit the options a bit. So I need to be able to do 2 rear facing seats with the Maestro. Any ideas on a combination that might work? I would like to keep it relatively low cost as well.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Is 3 across in a Hyundai Accent possible?

I know this thread is old, but did you ever figure out a solution?