Someone talk me out of a Britax...

katymyers

I was at BRU looking at car seats and I went over and played with their Marathon 70. Unfortunately, I fell in love. It's so easy to use, the harness adjusts beautifully, it's sturdy... And I could get cow.... I tested my kids in it, even my 95th percentile, long torsoed three year old had about two or three inches above his head and could still rear face in it. My younger two are both short and have really short torsos so theoretically they could get a lot of use out of them. I could buy two for my boys and keep Ella in her bucket until it's outgrown (at least another nine months or more) and then buy a Frontier for Levi. I'd have ALL COW :D! Somebody needs to poke some holes in this plan of mine. I've currently got two cow marathons in my cart at Albee baby.

ADS

atw

Hmm I'll try, but I like britax and cow enough to hear what you are saying.

Did you try your kid out in the car- because unfortunately that's what I hate about the seats- getting bigger kids in and out. Until then, I love them...then I curse every head bump.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

atw

Jessica61624 said:
You should have tried them installed. The leg room is awful. I went thru this too and had to have a cow seat. Got it and hated it.

Yep, i didn't mention that part actually makes it hard to buckle them too. Then the straps twist. it's all legs, arms, and shoulders in there.

:) get the frontier later, and *maybe* one marathon for the baby.

And kiss most three acrosses goodbye too!

katymyers

Well three across isn't an issue since these would be going in my van. And I did try it in my car, since my boys are both in the third row I load them through the rear hatch and I didn't think the legroom was THAT bad.

T4K

Leg room is totally car dependent. Bucket and contoured seats seem to offer the most legroom while center/flat seats offer less. I notice a HUGE difference outboard and center in both my vehicles.

MommyShannon

Legroom is my only real complaint. It really depends on the kids. I love our Roundabout 55 and Marathon 70 for the first two years or in the less frequently used car later. They are soooo easy to install with LATCH that it just takes seconds to pop into the other car if needed.

atw

katymyers said:
Well three across isn't an issue since these would be going in my van. And I did try it in my car, since my boys are both in the third row I load them through the rear hatch and I didn't think the legroom was THAT bad.

Sounds like a done deal then. Go for it! I spent $$$ on them 3 years ago and would likely do it all again. Van would eliminate head bump too, most likely. And loading thru rear hatch eliminates the stooping over all arms and legs thing I feel in Prius....
Eta...I also have blvds. Makes a difference with those headwings

Jessica61624

katymyers said:

I guess you've already made up your mind then. Hope they work out for you.

hboo22

I'm no help, I wanna see pics! :) I have a Cowmoo Chaperone for our new baby and LOVE it. Seriously thinking the older girls need cow too (we could get Parkway SGs)! Even thought they are perfectly fine in their Frontiers, mine are the older ones and I can't get cow covers for them :(

mlohry

No help here. My 3.4 year old ERF DD fits beautifully in her MA 70 ( it has cow and black-whatever it's called clothes) Pretty sure she will be 4 before she needs to FF. She rides captains chair in our Ody and I love it, she loves it! No complaints! And if I did, I'd call Britax's amazing customer service and they'd send me a whole new seat, like they have done twice for me :) All of my kids have rode in Britax and I can't come up with anything bad to say :) sorry!

Athena

even my 95th percentile, long torsoed three year old had about two or three inches above his head and could still rear face in it.

Really? You're looking at the shell, not the head piece, right? My tall DD outgrew them RF at 3.25. I was very sad and really tried to make it work, but I could no longer deny, she had outgrown it. We had a small back seat issue that it fixed and I do like their convertibles, but had I had a larger car, it would not have been my first choice.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC