Anyone have mazda cx 9?

ADS

Melanie

I considered one. They didn't have top tethers in the third row, so forward facing car seats don't work there. For me, that was a deal breaker. I was looking at 2010 model year, so it's possible it's been added in the newer ones.

When we looked, I was replacing a van and really needed a kid-hauler, but didn't want another van. We looked at the Honda Pilot, Mazda 9, Ford Flex, Ford Explorer, Chevy Equinox and clones and Mazda 5. IIRC, we didn't like the Dodge Durango and the Toyota was out of our price range. We wound up with a Flex, but the Pilot was a very close 2nd place.

Are you looking for a SUV with a third row? What's your budget?

jeno

Senior Community Member
We drove one for a week last year on vacation. Very similar to my Acura MDX, but like PP mentioned, no top tethers in the 3rd row.

babygund

I did watch your review Darren -thank you!

It is a pain with no tethers in the third row but but as long as my 8yo can fit in a hbb back there it's fine. I need to take the parkway and Monterey to make sure there aren't any seatbelt issues with them.

The third row will be handy for friends or when grandparents are with us and my oldest is excited to sit back there sometimes which may prevent arguments in the second row (I'm sure they will find a way though).

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
babygund said:
I did watch your review Darren -thank you!

It is a pain with no tethers in the third row but but as long as my 8yo can fit in a hbb back there it's fine. I need to take the parkway and Monterey to make sure there aren't any seatbelt issues with them.

The third row will be handy for friends or when grandparents are with us and my oldest is excited to sit back there sometimes which may prevent arguments in the second row (I'm sure they will find a way though).

The third row is SHALLOW, I've sat there many times in my friends and as an average size woman who doesn't have long legs, I wouldn't want to be there often. I've done a lot of wide three across scenarios though and been ok, mostly with convertibles though. I think your boosters would fit, but I don't know how easy to buckle they will be.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC