lovemybabies924

1988 just turned 1:
cad606e1.jpg

and here I am about 4 i think..apparently it was chilly? haha:
7ee7a052.jpg

ADS

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Oh the good ole Strolee!! Definitely was a few years old by the time you used it. Looks in good shape considering it's age! BTW, I'm guessing at least a solid 10yrs old! They made that particular style in the '70's.

jacqui276

haha I love the coat.

I was born in '85 and had a seat that had a plastic cover that was a pale yellow with little blue and red flowers on it. The frame was mostly metal. I wish I had a picture of it!

julia94115

Ha! I love that neither picture shows car seat in use! Playing and then lap belted in next to it!
Funny!

lovemybabies924

julia94115 said:
Ha! I love that neither picture shows car seat in use! Playing and then lap belted in next to it!
Funny!

I had a one year old brother the year of the second pic... Obviously not in the pic.. I wonder if I would have still fit? Probably not in that hideous coat lmao

jubgulia

I had that same seat! I was born in 1982, but the seat was a hand-me-down from the early '70s I think. I used it until I was 6 ½ - 7 years old in the 3rd row rear facing seat of our fake wood sided station wagon. Best ERF seat ever I guess, lol! I do remember having to peel myself off that brown vinyl in the summer though.

rosey2007

My baby brother had that seat back in 1987. I wonder if that was the same seat I used when I was born back in the 70's lol?

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
That's what I had, but mine was blue. My mom says it was the thing to have at the time. I'm visiting her right now, so I showed her the picture.

Wendy

BabyGearCollector

Are the pics on photobucket? They aren't showing up for me and I know the office computer system is now blocking photobucket pics for some reason. Guess I'll have to check them out at home this evening. Always enjoy seeing older car seat photos.

Dave

lovemybabies924

BabyGearCollector said:
Are the pics on photobucket? They aren't showing up for me and I know the office computer system is now blocking photobucket pics for some reason. Guess I'll have to check them out at home this evening. Always enjoy seeing older car seat photos.

Dave

Ya sorry!

BabyGearCollector

Ahh...I'm home and can view the photos now.:) Yep, I remember this earlier generation of plastic shell seats very well and the switch over from the previous fold up seats having chrome plated steel frames and thickly padded vinyl seats, seat backs, and head restraints which didn't do well at all in crash tests. I took notice of design changes in baby gear items even back then before I was married and had children of my own. I'd always check out the latest Wards and Sears catalogs to see the newest style car seats, strollers, and other baby items. Guess I missed my calling and should have come up with my own designs to market.;)

Dave

G

guest1

This makes me wonder what we're going to think about our current car seats by the time our kids have babies and we see the car seats that they are in.

katymyers

l1i2v3 said:
This makes me wonder what we're going to think about our current car seats by the time our kids have babies and we see the car seats that they are in.

I wonder that too :) I can only imagine what they'll come up with by then

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC