8+ hour trip - cco or infant seat?

krfogle88

Beginning of september were heading to sc for my cousins wedding at the beach. itll be atleast 8 hours. Ella will be 7 months by then maybe 14 lbs? (11.5 lbs now at 5 months). we hardly use the carrier (keyfit, sr35, t-tario 35) to carry her in. she hardly sleeps in the car and thinks its time to study everything.

So would you bring the infant seat or cco for the trip? shes equally comfy and happy in each if that matters. ;)

ADS

susanx4

CCO, after that long in the car she doesn't need to be stuck in a bucket any longer then for the ride!!

kirst

I would bring the bucket just incase you decide you want to use it for some reason. If you dont want to carry her in it you can leave it in the car but atleast you will still have that option.

jubgulia

I just switched my 2 ½ year old from the infant seat to the CCO for a 16 hour drive trip. I think he was more comfortable with the nice CCO foam under his butt and we weren't bringing the stroller anyway, so it only made sense.

linneabw

She'll have to sleep, right? I like the bucket for the sun shade and you can cover it with a blanket if you really want to encourage sleeping.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Whichever one she seems more comfy in at the time. You don't have to make your decision until the day you leave. ;)

Mysweethoneybee

When my youngest was 9 months old we took a trip to Disney World in Florida and we live in Missouri. Two very very long days of driving. The only times he fell asleep in the car were minutes before we stopped for a meal or something. I really wished we had kept him in his graco safe seat. He was in an Evenflo Titan and it was very inconvenient.
If the baby likes the cco better than the infant seat then the cco, otherwise the infant seat might come in handy even if it usually doesn't.

Kobain's Mommy

I have a CCO in my mom's car and yesterday DD was overly tired and fell asleep in it. When we got to the store I didn't want to wake her so I easily pulled it out of the car and put it in the cart. Do you have a flash frame for your cco?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC