Headwing space measurements

Milkie&Cookie

Does anyone know of a site that lists the headwing measurements? DS has a HUGE head. He just turned 10 and I need to get him out of 2 regents. He has a Parkway SG that he likes, but doesn't love. He says the fabric is scratchy (it is an Onyx). I ordered the Monterey and thought he'd love it. He loved the seat and the fabric but the headwings were too tight. They actually touched his head! LOL He has an old compass booster - not sure which one. The color was called cappuachino (sp) - that's all I can remember that I probably got circa 2006/2007. He's been using that occasionally and likes it but I seem to remember it getting a bad rating from IHHS back after I bought it. So I put it aside and only used it when I had an extra kid on field trips etc.

So - I'm back to square one. I need a booster with widely spaced headwings that also has soft fabric and lots of padding - we do a few cross-country trips every year.

ps. He's 10 but tiny. 55lbs soaking wet and only about 49 inches. His head is giant. He wears adult sized hats etc. :p

ADS

BeautifulChaos

The compass booster is likely expired, so I wouldn't use that.
Is there a reason he needs a HBB? At 10 I'd be more than comfortable with a lbb

Milkie&Cookie

Well he likes to sleep on our long drives and he feels safer in a high back. I had to beg him to get rid of his Regents LOL He loves those things. His compass expires in 2015. I checked. Is there a reason not to use a high back? I like that it gives some side impact protection over a low back. Plus I think they tend to be more comfortable. those lowbacks often just seem like hard plastic with a bit of fabric covering them..

monstah

No reason not to if that's what he wants. You said that you like that it provides some SIP over a LBB but that may or may not be true.
http://www.webmd.com/parenting/news/20091019/car-booster-seats-cut-injury-risk-for-kids

The wings on the Air Protect look pretty far apart.

And even if the Compass booster got less than stellar ratings, it's probably because it didn't fit a wide range of kid sizes well. As long as it fits your son well, no reason not to use it! :)

Kat_Momof3

if he likes the compass boosters and they give him good beltfit, I'd get him another (one of the taller ones) and call it done.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC