Newborn in RA55

MommyShannon

Thanks to every one's help here, we decided to use our RA55 with an infant insert for our baby. She was born yesterday and came home today. She is 8lb 14oz and 21". Here she is about 28 hours old. She is at or just above the slots. DH installed it while I was in the hospital so I didn't measure the angle but the last pic is her on the drive home that's about 45 minutes and her head stayed perfectly. Her seat is more reclined than DD2's TFP though it's hard to tell in the picture.
100_0368-1.jpg

14af5f82.jpg

c62149a1.jpg

ADS

abigaylebelle

What a sweet little baby! Congratulations. How did the crotch buckle length work for her? I am hoping to use our boulevard 70 for a newborn but I wasn't sure how the harness fit would be.

MommyShannon

It fit well all over. I'm not sure how well it would be for a smaller baby, but it seems just right for her. It was 96 degrees out so I didn't analyze it too much yet. I have a Marathon 70 coming tomorrow for her other seat so I will probably play around with her in it a little more in the house before installing.

jjordan

Awww, SO CUTE!! Thanks for sharing. :)

I can't quite tell from your post, is it the newborn positioning wedge that you're using, or just the insert that goes sort of around the baby's sides (that I can see in the photos)?

MommyShannon

Sorry, yes it's the positioning wedge. I will see how she fits without it this week out of curiosity. It made a big difference in her recline as well as height though.

MommyShannon

MA70 came today from NBD in brand new condition just retaped box. Here she is in the house WITHOUT the infant wedge. I took off the HUGS and harness covers so the fit is clearer. I will use the covers normally though. She was just over the bottom position.
13cc2738.jpg

I am pretty happy with the fit in these. She seems so little in there but within a month or two will fill it out even better and I have no concerns with her fit now.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC