WHY?!?!

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
So, got the paper this morning, and I'm going through the ads... I open up K-mart (because they have the worst taste in car seats ;))and what do I see? Why, backless boosters are on sale! $17.99, not a bad price, especially next to those dumb high back boosters, why pay $40 when I can get one for $18? (please note my sarcasm).

OK, worst part, and what I really, truly don't understand (and even DH, who could honestly not care less thought disturbing). The backless boosters? Dora and Diego. What age kid generally watches Dora or Diego? Certainly not a kid who can appropriately be in a backless booster. :mad:

On a better note, I was at Sears Grand today, and they're redoing their car seat dept. The 3-pt infant seat was clearanced, as was a 3-in-1. Also, if anyone's interested, there was a DC on sale for $175 (but they were all out at the one I was at, only the display). Oh, and the OHS Scenera was a great deal for $67 :rolleyes:

ADS

elle7715

I've been trying to get my step-niece into a booster for ages. She's 4 and loves Dora. But her parents won't even get her that. :mad: I've stressed about that enough though. :slow deep breaths:

nurse_reedle

There are people who wouldn't put their kid in ANY booster at that age. (4-5 years old) If they will use a backless, then I think that is a lot better than nothing at all.

Melizerd

yeah I had a friend with a 5 year old in nothing and a backless booster for 15 bucks was better then nothing. I just bought it and gave it to them (they have headrests in their car).

spokaneCPST

CPST Instructor
A high back is definitely better, but I agree that a backless is better than no booster at all. I don't know what they "new" CPST curriculum teaches, but the old taught that a backless was fine as long as there was a headrest for whiplash protection. Not an ideal choice but better than nothing.
Renee

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC