Question Recaro Seats?

HIJrunningmom

Can I see some action shots? I have 3 girls, ages 2,5, and 7. So your kiddos being close to these ages is a plus for me. The two year old is still rfing.

Also pros and cons of the seats?

ADS

djma

Any seat in particular?

I am a huge fan/lover of the Signo/G2/ProRide. Owned a signo with DS2 and fell in love. Now own a ProRide for DD.

Pros - Nice deep sides, no thread harness, 18.5-19" top slots, SIP "pillows", easy installation both RF and FF

Cons - Not a lot of RF legroom (comparable to the older Britax seats), sits up on a high base

My kids never complained of legroom, but they didn't know any better. That's just how they sat in the seat they sat in. The base has never bothered me either. I do keep DD on the side in my Impala because it would block my view if I put her in the center.

An older pic of DS2 FF in his signo.

And a fairly recent one of DD in her proride

And one of the highest position when I measured before

HIJrunningmom

Not one in particular, since have three very different ages all models fit this topic. :)

5 year old is still harnessed. I was thinking prosport.

2 year old rfing. I was thinking proride.

And I'm not sure with their boosters. 7 year old is high back and backless( it depends on which vehicle we are in)

HIJrunningmom

Also we're "upgrading" my 2002 Tahoe to a 2008-2010 model, so of anyone has these carseats and a Tahoe pics would be greatly appreciated! :)

MorgieBear'sMama

This is the only picture I have on my phone. Colton is a Shorty at 20 months. I think this seat was made for him. His leggy twin brother has virtually no leg room rear facing.

I love :love: it for colton though! It's a nice padded comfy seat, fits in small spaces and puzzles well with Jackson's Radian.

View attachment 17226

Last edited:

HIJrunningmom

MorgieBear'sMama said:
This is the only picture I have on my phone. Colton is a Shorty at 20 months. I think this seat was made for him. His leggy twin brother has virtually no leg room rear facing.

I love :love: it for colton though! It's a nice padded comfy seat, fits in small spaces and puzzles well with Jackson's Radian.

Proride right?

romanoma

I don't think I have any pics for you, but I adore my recaro. it is a signo. have been using it for the last 3 yrs, first for RF DD, changed her over at about age 2.5 into a BLDV/radian. she didn't have that much more leg room in the BLVD, but the sides being lower made it easier to load her.

then used it for my 4.5 yo to FF, and he is still in it at 6! He loves his seat, it is sooooo soft, and super comfy. I love how safe he looks in it. he sleeps in it often on road trips, never have seen his head slump.

BTW DS just had his check up, he is 70% for height for his age, and 30% for weight.

HTH

Cryssy Jane

First picture is sky. 4.5 years, 43 inches, 15 ish inch torso on the top slots of the prosport.

Second picture is boss man at roughly a little over 2 years old, 14 ish torso, 32lbs rf in a recaro como.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Last edited:

TXDani

Senior Community Member
I have a ProRide, ProBooster and a ProSport in my Yukon XL (same as a Tahoe as far as seat installation) and they all install fine in all seating positions.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
Here's my son in our ProSport - he's 3y9m, 35# 40"

6-14-12013.jpg

6-14-12009.jpg

HIJrunningmom

DaniCPST said:
I have a ProRide, ProBooster and a ProSport in my Yukon XL (same as a Tahoe as far as seat installation) and they all install fine in all seating positions.

Also do you have them all on the same row?

TXDani

Senior Community Member
HIJrunningmom said:
Can I see a pic?? :)

I will see what I have and if you want something different I can try tomorrow. I have captains chairs so I don't do three across set ups.

Sent from my iPad using Car-Seat.Org

TXDani

Senior Community Member
Ok this is all I could find on my FB...I might have more on my camera I need to upload from tonight but not sure.

ProBooster with my 5 year old in the center of DHs Tundra (on our way to a Texans/Steelers game...excuse the face paint):p
recaro3.jpg

5 year old in ProBooster in Yukon XL (that was not his soda...he wanted a drink and I took a pic because it was so funny to see him with his iPad and a big ole' drink like a professional)
recaro2.jpg

5 year old in ProSport in third row Yukon XL
recaro1.jpg

15 month old rf'ing in ProRide Yukon XL
recaro.jpg

HIJrunningmom

DaniCPST said:
I will see what I have and if you want something different I can try tomorrow. I have captains chairs so I don't do three across set ups.

Sent from my iPad using Car-Seat.Org

Ok Thank you!

Kat_Momof3

Just to warn ya... she did not want her picture taken... But here's my 8yr old in the Probooster

DSCN5088.jpg

She really does love the seat, just didn't want her pic taken.

HIJrunningmom

DaniCPST said:
Ok this is all I could find on my FB...I might have more on my camera I need to upload from tonight but not sure.

ProBooster with my 5 year old in the center of DHs Tundra (on our way to a Texans/Steelers game...excuse the face paint):p

5 year old in ProBooster in Yukon XL (that was not his soda...he wanted a drink and I took a pic because it was so funny to see him with his iPad and a big ole' drink like a professional)

5 year old in ProSport in third row Yukon XL

15 month old rf'ing in ProRide Yukon XL

I love their painted faces!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC