Dorel seats

bumbuboy

Was trying to figure out what does dorel seats mean? I know it might be sounding silly. But I wasn't knowing it. I came across an article which really put me in dilemma whether I should buy a dorel seat or not. I was considering pria 70 or CA. Do you ladies think again before Considering a dorel seat. I'm really confused.
This is the article I read ,an old one but still has some recent comments.
http://dailymomtra.com/2011/03/07/dorel-the-car-seat-company-that-doesnt-care-about-safety/

ADS

christineka

Dorel Juvenile is the parent company of cosco, safety 1st, eddie bauer, and maxi cosi brand car seats. They have several other brands for other products.

pumkinbutt

I honestly feel in some ways the article is biased. Just my opinion. When talking about the shield boosters they said how dangerous they are but what they didn't convey is that was one of the types of boosters that were available at that time. I owned one for my DD who is now 16. We didn't keep it long as I was always trying new seats and this one was cast aside rather quickly.

I have owned a few Dorel seats and if it weren't for the strict 40 inch RF rule on the CA I would have bought that one. Instead I bought the Britax for GD2. I loved the head-wings on the CA but was unsure how quickly she would get to the RF height limit. It turns out we probably could have gotten her RF pretty long in that seat. She is a shorty with a 12 1/4 in torso and she is days away from being 2 yrs old.

CuddlyMonsters

Like you I had considered the Maxi-Cosi Pria 70, but I heard through friends that owned that seat that it is a nice seat, but Dorel are really strict and picky about the angle in which you install the seat. I hated the idea of using a pool noodle etc. to get the angle just right. However it does not mean it is not a good seat. You need to get the best seat that will fit your budget, your child and your needs....

Just remember to every seat there are downfalls. You have to decide what you can and can not live with. Like for me I decided to that I could like with a crappy manual and no rebound control (the seat was tested and passed without it, so I was ok with that)...

Dorel seats are not any less safe, just you need to figure out what features you like and if it is worth the money.

bumbuboy

Thanks a lot. I was a bit worried thinking that the option I chose is gonna be a bad choice. I think I will leave the options to my DH and let him tell his opinions on it. He will definitely choose the one which fits the car best and is more comfy for the baby.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC