Do you say something?

PeachyPie

I think 80% of the time AT LEAST that I see a child in a car seat on FB, there is something major wrong with something. Today I saw a picture of a little girl I know (who's VERY little and under two and should be RF, but I know not to go there with most people!) in a car seat and the straps are twisted so badly, I don't even know how it's possible to get them that twisted. I want to say something so badly but I'm scared I'm overstepping a line. Do you always say something?

ADS
Not directly to the person.

I do periodically post pics of my kids RF and general carseat/booster safety (addressing twisted straps, belly clips, 5 stepping, etc) to my OWN facebook so it shows up in others' newsfeeds. But I don't call people out on fb.

I did send a private msg to my cousin when she posted a pic of her son in a roundabout that was clearly outgrown. But she's my cousin, and I knew she just didn't know any better. She went out and bought a nautilus that day, and I knew that would be her response.

mama23boyz

I am struggling with this very thing!! Saw a 6?? month old:eek: forward facing in a complete air!! in grandma's truck...I'm an aquaintance of grandma's, but not baby's mom (who posted the pic & tagged g-ma in it)...I haven't said anything cuz I'm not sure if/how to...but it's KILLING me!! :(

MaKoski

You could mention in a private message about getting a fine for haveing a lil baby ff.
some people take it better when you are trying to save them money instead of telling them they aren't being safe.

CuddlyMonsters

It think when you tell them, it is all about how you approach them. You have to figure out a way to "sell" it to them...

Just the other day, a friend of mine was wanting to turn her DD around because the baby is getting too heavy/big for the bucket. Her daughter is only 2 weeks younger than mine (my DD is 9 months), her DD is a little heavier at 18lbs. But my friend was like I can't wait till she hits 20lbs so we can FF her in the new seat we purchased for her... :eek:

agave

A friend's dad recently emailed me a picture of her kids sleeping in the car I called to tell her her almost 2 year old's straps needed to be moved up on her Nautilus. I asked when she turned her but didn't say anything else about RF. She said she'd move the straps up next month when she cleans out the car for their beach trip. Her 5 year old was still harnessed.

jennlana

I post things on my FB page, but I never say anything to them. I see lots of "belly clips", loose straps, and incorrect harness heights (usually when FF). I also post lots of pics of my kids in their carseats properly buckled in.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC