When did your child outgrow the Scenera forward facing?

kater-tot82

I tried my almost 2yo in an Apt tonight at Target and from sitting her in it on the shelf, it appears she would need the top slots :yikes: She definitely is more torso then legs, since she's only 32-33 inches tall.

I was considering getting one as a travel seat when we fly to Florida later this year, but I think it would be a waste of money unless her torso growth really slows!

She is still RF, but I was wondering when other people's kids outgrew it FF (and RF--is it outgrown about the same time?)

ADS

kater-tot82

Thanks...I didn't know the Scenera was taller! I guess I should check out the carseat measurement spreadsheet and database :)

Keeyamah

My DS is 30 months old currently, 40lbs and 40" tall. He was even with the top harness slots a little earlier this year, about 3-4 months ago. He was 38-39lbs at the time, and his height is approximate, he won't stand still to be measured :D He outgrew it RFing at about 16months old, approximately 33" tall, and 27-28lbs. He is out of it now because we will be needing it for his little brother in August, and it was his back-up seat for grandparent vehicles anyways.

jacqui276

I recently had my niece and nephew in my Scenera. My niece turns 5 in 2 weeks but is TINY (32lbs) and she is just even with the top slot, my nephew who is 3 1/2 is also small (29lbs) and he is about 1/4" below the top slot. Both of their heads are above the shell so they have outgrown it RFing.
My little guy is 4 months, 19lbs and 27" tall and is just below the 3rd slot.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC