Question Free seat program in WA?

robbertbobbert

Long story short, I've been watching my friend's great niece a lot lately.

She's 9 months (17 lbs) and pretty close to outgrowing her bucket seat by height. It's an Evenflo something, but she's got plenty of space left in my KF30 and CCO.

So, she needs a convertible. Her family can not afford one at all, so I was wondering if WA has a free seat program or a way for them to get one.

They don't have a car, and when my friend (the baby's great aunt) drives them sometimes, mom takes baby out to hold her a LOT. She also refused to buckle in the bucket when I drove her once. Obviously the car didnt move until she was properly restrained, but still.

I will not give her one of my seats or buy one for her. Slippery slope.

ADS

bethng

Have her go to Mary Bridge's center for childhood safety's weekly tuesday morning car seat checks. http://www.multicare.org/marybridge/calendar/?filters[]=4

They have sceneras and for a small donation, they will be able to supply you with one. They ask for $20 but really, they are grateful for any amount you can afford. If you dont have cash or a check on you at the time you can take a donation envelope home with you and send the money at a later date. Child must be there to qualify.

robbertbobbert

Thank you! That sounds perfect. I'll let the mom know. Maybe baby's great aunt or grandma could drive them.

I really have no problem helping this family out and watching baby every once in a while, but I need it to be strictly that. Mom has already started asking me for money and diapers and things like that. I really prefer to direct her towards services and let her take it from there.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC