HWH convertible (ff/rf) for a 3+ month old that isn't $300?

todzwife

I let my little sister use my keyfit for her newbie (born 2 weeks ago) and I have another brother and his wife due end of August. I was thinking that since she doesn't really take the bucket out of the car, if I could find a good convertible to point her to, she could then let my brother use the keyfit for their baby. So her daughter would be about 3 months at that point. Of course, if she wants to keep the bucket until her daughter outgrows it, I'm not going to tell her no either.

She doesn't have a huge car, but this little one is their first so there isn't a puzzling problem (yet). They are on a limited budget though because she isn't working any more.

I honestly love my tribute I got from walmart (the purple one) and thought it would be a good seat for their daughter for a few years, but I'm sure it wouldn't get her past 3 and I don't want my 3 year old niece in a HBB:eek:

Anything out there that
1. isn't huge
2. has a 35+RF limit
3. is under $150?

The myride fits except it's gigantic. Radian is too expensive and too tall. I'm sure I'm missing something.

ADS

featherhead

EFT65? I found it took up about the same amount of space as my Keyfit (front to back) for my 3 month old.

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
Size4Me 70? I think BuyBuy Baby had it for like $180. Plus they accept the 20% off coupons from Bed Bath & Beyond making it only $144. That should last a good long time.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
OR, you could buy an Apt and a Maestro for well under $150, then she's basically set til she's 6ish.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Britaxes are all on sale now...clearance before the new models come out. Tributes are taller than that, my 5 yo was barely too big for ours when we bought it. Titan 65 is coming out really soon, though, it's like an Apt but significantly taller top slots (Apt is shorter than the Tribute)...but even with a smaller seat, yeah, if it's cheap enough, you just say hey, it's time for the next seat, a harnessed booster IS the one you'll be getting ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC