I was going to wait another year but I need to buy a booster.

agave

Next week I'll be taking a friends kids to the pool while my 4 yr old has swim lessons. The almost 9 yr old almost fits in my 3rd row but not quite she hasn't been in a booster for a long time if ever. I want something I can use as a spare for my 4 yr old eventually. I don't think the literider is going to be deep enough for her legs. If I get a high back Turbo, will it work for a 65 lb 8 yr old? If I just get a backless and get a high back later what seats can you get at Target or Walmart that are good for leggy kids?

ADS

Kat_Momof3

I'd get a backless.. always good for a spare for when you have to transport a kid who should be in a booster and normally isn't... I'd get the cruz.

when the time comes for your dd, I'd get an Evenflo Amp hbb or Graco turbobooster

agave

Part of the reason I'm considering the high back now is so my 4 yr old can ride around the property in the truck with DH. It would be a good opportunity to start booster training them both.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Well, you could get one that can go high-back or backless, use it with back for your daughter and without for the other girl... What are they both built like? What's your budget?

agave

If I get a backless I want dirt cheap since it may not get more than 2 weeks use. High back I was thinking Turbo with a 10 year expiration it will expire when my youngest is 12 and I hear Costco has them for $34 again, but I may be willing to pay a little more for something more girly if I can't find one at Costco.

My 4 yr old is about 40" 36lbs and pretty solid. I don't know how tall the 8 yr old is but she said she was about 65lbs thin and leggy.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
If she's thin and leggy, she'd probably be ok in a Turbo. So I might go with that, that's a definite winner for littles, and should work for her.

Or, you could get the Amp high back, since you've got solid going on with the little one it might work ok for her...

agave

I will be at a Target Monday that has the high back Amp, I'll try it out, I know my 4 yr old doesn't have the legs for the backless. My kids take all the backless boosters off the shelf and try out every one when we pass through the car seat isle at Target. They look so tiny and lost in some of them.

agave

I got a Big Kid Sport for $30 I'm not really impressed with the back but I think it will work and it was only $5 more than a backless Amp. When it's full time booster time I'll get something nicer.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC