Which Radian?

jacqui276

I'm planning on likely getting a Radian for DS sometime in the near future but am having trouble making up my mind on whether to get the R100, R120 or RXT. I like the 45lbs RFing limit of the R120 and RXT since DS is so big. However, even though he is almost half way to the 40lbs RFing limit of the R100, I am expecting his weight gain to slow down a bit sometime soon so would imagine that that would get him pretty far as well.

The only difference I can see between the R120 and RXT is the head wings. What are the pros and cons of having the head wings? I've never had a seat with head wings before but after reading a bit more into it, some people seem to love them, others hate them.
DH wants the RXT because it comes in blue. :rolleyes:

Also, does anyone know if this seat will fit in a '03 Mazda Protege5 with the correct angle for an infant? He has good head control, but I believe that they want the 45 degree angle for those under 1?

I was also peaking at the Peg convertible since it is coming out here at some point this year, but the terribly written manual scares me....and DH is sold on a Radian. He liked the Foonf too until he saw the price tag. :p

I usually only have two kids in my car, but from time to time do need to do a 3 across when transporting my niece or one of my daughter's friends so the small width of the Radian is a plus for me.

ADS

Jessica61624

I actually dislike the head wings. Once my DS was able to climb into his seat himself they made it difficult for him to sit down. He'd also use then to resist sitting down. We got a r120 after our xtsl was in an accident and like it a lot better! I went with the r120 over the r100 for the fabric. I really wanted the blue also but couldn't stand the head wings.

Nimommyof2

I have the R100 and RXT, the one with head wings is my daughters we like them she just turned three and still has lots of room RF. I like them both they are nice seats.

SynEpona

I have all 3 levels of Radian(some SK, some Diono), and the middle one is my favourite. I can see the headwings being an issue for comfort/fit/accessibility as DD gets older. She'll have them in my vehicle, and not in DH's vehicle.

The 45* angle can be slightly tweaked before 12mths by how you install/push on the seat as you tighten the seatbelt or LATCH/UAS straps, but you are not supposed to use the Angle Adjuster before 12mths. We're one month away from DD being able to have one added for each of her seats, and I'm looking forward to gaining my front passenger seat some extra space! (or my 3rd row passengers, as I could slide her 2nd row seat forward a little).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC