Two questions - HeadRests and Rear Facing Tethers

carseatfreak

Just curious....does everyone use a headrest in a seat with a rear facing child restraint installed?

Our rf radians currently aren't tethered (can't find a good tether spot for one of them). At a recent check I asked for help in finding a spot and was kind of brushed off and told that it's not really important bc you want the seat to move with the child?

Thoughts?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The seat will move with the child tethered. It's not a true anti-rebound device. It's a rebound reducer. One person recently I've suggested may prefer to NOT have their seat tethered, but her child had a skeletal condition. Otherwise it's a parental decision.

As for the headrest, I do, but only because I leave a mirror there. I checked two rear facing seats in a car without headrests (then another in a third car, then in a fourth car that didn't have a headrest in that spot. So four this weekend) and didn't even blink about the availability or lack thereof of headrests, other than when the mom asked about how to attach a mirror. No headrest gives the child much more visibility out the back. Headrest offers them padding to rebound into. Tether reduces rebound so they shouldn't get to that point. Either way it's the rebound, not the initial, and I don't think I'd stress it.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC